RGIII targeting himself via media

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

RGIII targeting himself via media

Postby markshark84 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:41 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98377 ... eline-runs

Not a good move. Now that he has alerted officials via his media announcement, expect defenses to hit him WITHOUT a flag everytime he does his "studder step" out of bounds.

He basically just gave up the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, he needs to go to a Peyton Manning press conference, sit in the front row, and take notes. Just another learning experience for the 23 year old......
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Re: RGIII targeting himself via media

Postby emoses14 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:52 am

markshark84 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9837792/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-aims-draw-flags-sideline-runs

Not a good move. Now that he has alerted officials via his media announcement, expect defenses to hit him WITHOUT a flag everytime he does his "studder step" out of bounds.

He basically just gave up the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, he needs to go to a Peyton Manning press conference, sit in the front row, and take notes. Just another learning experience for the 23 year old......

My god people can nitpick any damn thing. Not a shot at you, just a feather breaking a camel's back kind of thing.

So what?

Stutter stepping out of bounds will still draw the flag from refs if he's hit OUT OF BOUNDS. As a matter of fact, that's the one flag I'm not worried about the skins getting. Every quarterback, happy feet manning, sheli (If either of them could actually make it to the sidelines), dog killer vick, russel wilson, etc. all will get that flag, 9 time out of 10. Regardless of what they say to a reporter, the ref's gonna protect the QB. Especially given the truth in the last paragraph of the article. Defenders are dumb and love to hit QBs, out of bounds be damned.

I can't wait till we start winning again so that nothing crap like this can just float on by without getting panties twisted.
Last edited by emoses14 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:44 am

I didn't read anything in that article that gives an indication that he's trying to draw flags by running out of bounds. I just wish he would stop doing press conferences altogether, so people can stop scrutinizing everything he says.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Much ado about nothing... again.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Countertrey wrote:Much ado about nothing ... again.

I agree

and

we seem to have a lot more of that type of post here this year :roll:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:43 pm

I must admit - I'm looking forward to RG3 getting his act together again soon ..

the team needs it and we need to shut the criticism up - RG3 is going to be great ... hopefully soon :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Jesus they just had a thing on "Pardon the Interruption" about this. Griffin better watch himself though, despite the fact that he never said he's trying to draw flags and this is blown out of proportion, this media spin-job is going to piss off some defenses, IMO. The way Griffin was just slowing up towards the sideline (against Dallas) was kind of boneheaded too. Just get the hell out of bounds!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:43 am

Countertrey wrote:Much ado about nothing... again.

Personally, I think this is just another revelation of the growing rift between Griffin and Shanahan that the MM refuses to report on. Cancer in the locker room!
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:34 pm

griffin needs to learn to shut up.....

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

Personally, I think this is just another revelation of the growing rift between Griffin and Shanahan that the MM refuses to report on. Cancer in the locker room!

Clearly. He reminds of Terrell Owens.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:57 pm

I'm just waiting for someone to slip up and call him "boy".

And I'm only half kidding.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:37 pm

it's sometimes termed the tall poppy syndrome :lol:

everything will become much less of a discussion when the team starts to win games despite the fact that the QB OBVIOUSLY has a really bad leg ... and he needs a hair stylist :lol:

everything just gets so magnified and blown out of proportion with this team

there are many fans that do not have a clue about what is happening so they start posting stuff that is basically their form of venting because the team is not doing well and they don't have a clue why :lol:

Hog

Postby grampi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:32 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

I said that in a thread once in here and got dragged through the coals for it...I still say he'd be better off if he'd just keep his mouth shut...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:42 pm

grampi wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

I said that in a thread once in here and got dragged through the coals for it ... I still say he'd be better off if he'd just keep his mouth shut...

:shock: it would not matter what RG3 said or if he said nothing at all ... the media would give the impression that it wants to get out there and NOT what was clearly intended or not even spoken ...

I am VERY confident that there are no serious issues in the Redskins locker room or within the Redskins franchise - ZERO - all this organization is focused on as a team is winning this week

there are some here (and in the media) that think there should be :lol:

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Well, while there is no doubt that Robert is an intelligent young man, he is still young...and not only learning on the field, but also learning off field as well WRT media and what he says.

Agree that he just needs to say less rather than more at some of these press conferences....maybe have fewer press conferences to begin with.

Winning will resolve a lot of these petty issues as well.

And...I am hearing of a potential rift within the locker room, specifically between either RGIII and Kyle, or Kyle and Mike....or all 3. Any meat on this bone, or just fiction/fantasy?
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football