Post game Skins @ Dallas

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:31 am

frankcal20 wrote:No question. You have to give him another season and let's not forget that he had a 5 year plan and next year will be the 5th. I think there is talent on the team but it's still a very young team.

Most won't want to hear this but we've got to find someone to replace Fletcher. He's just not himself in terms of athleticism.

We also have to shore up the offensive line. A true RT will go a long way and depending on how the remainder of the season goes, we may need to find another one or two interior offensive linemen.

Most importantly we HAVE to find guys who want to play special teams. We are really missing the James Thrash's, Mike Sellers & Lorenzo Alexanders of the world. Who is that guy on our team?

Frank, i think you hit the nail on the head with all of your assessments. Our O-line was horrendous last night. They couldn't block guys who were driving trucks last year. We are definitely missing leaders on our special teams like Lo Alexander and Sellars. Forbath needs to start booting the ball out of the back of the end zone like every other kicker in the NFL does. RGIII looked better from a running standpoint, but his accuracy was terrible last night, and he also threw a lot of wobbly passes. He needs to clean that up. My biggest pet peeve was with Kyle last night. His play calling was terrible. We should have ran more stretch plays. I think we ran like three, and we scored on one of them. we kept trying to smash it up the middle like we're the 49er's. Our O-line is not built for that. Also, we had no screen game at all last night. I'm pretty sure with an inexperienced D-line like they had, the screen game could have went for some big gainers. We didn't go deep once last night either. They should always send Aldrick on a bomb at least once a game, and just throw it to him (unless he's double covered of course) to keep that in that back of the safeties mind. We have a long way to go, but we're not dead yet. 8 or 9 wins could take down the division.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:No question. You have to give him another season and let's not forget that he had a 5 year plan and next year will be the 5th. I think there is talent on the team but it's still a very young team.

Most won't want to hear this but we've got to find someone to replace Fletcher. He's just not himself in terms of athleticism.

We also have to shore up the offensive line. A true RT will go a long way and depending on how the remainder of the season goes, we may need to find another one or two interior offensive linemen.

Most importantly we HAVE to find guys who want to play special teams. We are really missing the James Thrash's, Mike Sellers & Lorenzo Alexanders of the world. Who is that guy on our team?

Frank, i think you hit the nail on the head with all of your assessments. Our O-line was horrendous last night. They couldn't block guys who were driving trucks last year. We are definitely missing leaders on our special teams like Lo Alexander and Sellars. Forbath needs to start booting the ball out of the back of the end zone like every other kicker in the NFL does. RGIII looked better from a running standpoint, but his accuracy was terrible last night, and he also threw a lot of wobbly passes. He needs to clean that up. My biggest pet peeve was with Kyle last night. His play calling was terrible. We should have ran more stretch plays. I think we ran like three, and we scored on one of them. we kept trying to smash it up the middle like we're the 49er's. Our O-line is not built for that. Also, we had no screen game at all last night. I'm pretty sure with an inexperienced D-line like they had, the screen game could have went for some big gainers. We didn't go deep once last night either. They should always send Aldrick on a bomb at least once a game, and just throw it to him (unless he's double covered of course) to keep that in that back of the safeties mind. We have a long way to go, but we're not dead yet. 8 or 9 wins could take down the division.

I think Kyle needs to find a way to get Helu and Alfred on the field at the same time. Then you have a back that can take a corner and a back that runs excellent between the tackles.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:45 pm

riggofan wrote:It looked to me like we get conservative and/or cute with the play calling when we get in scoring position. I think the scoring problem has a lot more to do with play calling than just "our offense sucks".

Players have to execute the plays. With the exception of Morris, they did not. We've now played a total of ten quarters in the first half, and managed to only score one offensive touchdown. You don't see a recurring problem here?

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:51 pm

As for a right tackle, I think we should try to get Eric Winston this offseason.

DAMMIT I HATE JOHN MARA!
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:57 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:It looked to me like we get conservative and/or cute with the play calling when we get in scoring position. I think the scoring problem has a lot more to do with play calling than just "our offense sucks".

Players have to execute the plays. With the exception of Morris, they did not. We've now played a total of ten quarters in the first half, and managed to only score one offensive touchdown. You don't see a recurring problem here?

Yeah I'm sure you're right. Everybody on our offense just sucks. :roll:

Oh except Alfred Morris because he did get that touchdown. ROTFALMAO

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:12 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

Honestly, I would like to know your thought process behind how you jumped to the conclusion that mormon is saying that everyone except Morris sucks....... it'd be an interesting read --- especially when you are the one that points fingers to other about "oversimplification".

The dude was clearly talking about execution and not talent. Take a second read. This offense clearly has talent --- they are just not executing. We have too many penalties, don't take advantage of defensive mistakes, don't complete plays from snap to whistle, etc.

While I do agree with you about KS playing calling and special teams, I don't think you understand what mormon is saying.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:16 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:We have a number of holes to fill. It'll be a few seasons until we can fill those and become a more complete team. Until then, win some lose some.

I don't fully agree - we we're more hurt by the cap BS than we thought ... we're not far off the pace really and we do have a lot to look forward to with this great QB

does not look good for this season but I think we'll see a lot of things to 'build on' as well

Oh, I agree we have some very good pieces -- QB, LT, RB, one OLB, and some parts. I just look at 3-4 positions on the OL that need to be improved. We'll need to find a replacement for Fletcher. The secondary is still a concern. Amerson shows promise, though. I think he's a player. We need a true #1 WR. Garcon is good, but we need another as well.

RG III was so good last year he lifted a bunch of players above their level. Great players can do that. However, Peyton Manning wouldn't be himself behind our line.

swine

Postby masterkwon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Last week on one of the local sportscasts, Doc Walker made the most absurd prediction saying Washington would route Dallas just like Denver did. This knucklehead played the game, has access to the current team and practices and actually believed an inept offense was all of a sudden going to magically go on a scoring spree. What a clown.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:04 pm

masterkwon wrote:Last week on one of the local sportscasts, Doc Walker made the most absurd prediction saying Washington would route Dallas just like Denver did. This knucklehead played the game, has access to the current team and practices and actually believed an inept offense was all of a sudden going to magically go on a scoring spree. What a clown.

What's worse is calling a three point victory by Denver a rout. Doc Walker, sharp as a pound of wet leather. :wink:

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:38 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:We have a number of holes to fill. It'll be a few seasons until we can fill those and become a more complete team. Until then, win some lose some.

I don't fully agree - we we're more hurt by the cap BS than we thought ... we're not far off the pace really and we do have a lot to look forward to with this great QB

does not look good for this season but I think we'll see a lot of things to 'build on' as well

I agree. .. as long as Snyder doesn't fire the Shanaclan at the end of the season.

I think that would be a huge mistake! But I could see it happening.

I would love to see Shanny get his first normal off-season to build the team. His first year no first term FA were available because of the up coming lock out. His second season he had to deal with the lock out. The next two he was hamstrung by John Mara. This will be his first normal off-season.

Also, it will be good to be able to work on some of Roberts serious flaws

It will be interesting to see what happens after this season. Either Shanny gets fired or he gets an extension. No way he goes into next season as a lame duck on the last year of his contract.
Suck and Luck

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:44 pm

No sense arguing over what was worse, special teams or offense, since both were poor yesterday, as they have been all season so far. I heard a stat on the radio today which totally shocked me...our defensive backs are outscoring our entire offense in the first half of games this season 21-16. 16 points in 10 first half quarters is a joke and it's impossible to win games playing from behind like that every game, no matter how good or bad the defense and special teams are.
Suck and Luck

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:22 am

truth be told ... nothing is really going well - the Redskins have definitely not played as well as most expected - this will change

the one good thing going forward is that despite a devastating end of season injury to RG3 - he's going to be the great QB we (most of us) expected :D

I'm still looking forward to seeing some good football from this team over the next 10 games ...

and

IMO we'll finish on top of the eagles and giants in the NFC East - that's always a good thing :D
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:20 am

SkinsJock wrote:truth be told ... nothing is really going well - the Redskins have definitely not played as well as most expected - this will change

the one good thing going forward is that despite a devastating end of season injury to RG3 - he's going to be the great QB we (most of us) expected :D

I'm still looking forward to seeing some good football from this team over the next 10 games ...

and

IMO we'll finish on top of the eagles and giants in the NFC East - that's always a good thing :D

Man I don't know how you can be so optimistic after that Cowboys game. Especially since we had two weeks to prepare, and still couldn't score a TD in the first half.

As for Shanny, I don't want him back after year 5.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:28 am

markshark84 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

Honestly, I would like to know your thought process behind how you jumped to the conclusion that mormon is saying that everyone except Morris sucks....... it'd be an interesting read --- especially when you are the one that points fingers to other about "oversimplification".

The dude was clearly talking about execution and not talent. Take a second read. This offense clearly has talent --- they are just not executing. We have too many penalties, don't take advantage of defensive mistakes, don't complete plays from snap to whistle, etc.

While I do agree with you about KS playing calling and special teams, I don't think you understand what mormon is saying.

I think he just likes breaking my balls for some reason, maybe because I criticize our coveted offense.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:17 am

markshark84 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

I don't really know how to respond to this. THIS is what storminmoron wrote yesterday:

"Our offense is awful, top to bottom. "

"It is not a simplification to state that our offense sucks. It is fact."

I don't really know how you get "our offense has talent but they're not executing" from "our offense sucks".

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football