Time for Kirk Cousins!!!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4984
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:36 pm

emoses14 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:Im sorry for this thread...it was a knee jerk reaction.....its part of fustration from everybody


Its OK. Come on in, have a beer, actually here's bourbon, double. We all (I know I am anyway) understand and can empathize.


My game day drinking has definitely spiked this season. May require rehab if we don't get things turned around soon.

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1425
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:25 pm

riggofan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:Im sorry for this thread...it was a knee jerk reaction.....its part of fustration from everybody


Its OK. Come on in, have a beer, actually here's bourbon, double. We all (I know I am anyway) understand and can empathize.


My game day drinking has definitely spiked this season. May require rehab if we don't get things turned around soon.

My game day drinking has become binge week drinking for this season.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:34 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:Im sorry for this thread...it was a knee jerk reaction.....its part of fustration from everybody


Its OK. Come on in, have a beer, actually here's bourbon, double. We all (I know I am anyway) understand and can empathize.


My game day drinking has definitely spiked this season. May require rehab if we don't get things turned around soon.

My game day drinking has become binge week drinking for this season.


Game day? With the way this team is headed (slight exaggeration, I HOPE), I'm close to weekend drinking to cope.
-drinking
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1425
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:31 pm

emoses14 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:Im sorry for this thread...it was a knee jerk reaction.....its part of fustration from everybody


Its OK. Come on in, have a beer, actually here's bourbon, double. We all (I know I am anyway) understand and can empathize.


My game day drinking has definitely spiked this season. May require rehab if we don't get things turned around soon.

My game day drinking has become binge week drinking for this season.


Game day? With the way this team is headed (slight exaggeration, I HOPE), I'm close to weekend drinking to cope.
-drinking

Yeah...this season has made "game day" transform into "game week" drinking for me. I need Monday-Saturday to warmup for Sunday.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4984
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:47 am

Sounds like we may need to form our own support group soon.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog
Posts: 1818
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby grampi » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:04 pm

I agreed with the notion of bringing in KC as an attempt to salvage the season, but now we're beyond that point, and now I think the team just needs to focus on getting RG3 better and back to 100%, and fixing the rest of the issues with the team...I believe this season is not salvageable...

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13687
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: RG3 support team

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:52 pm

grampi wrote:I agreed with the notion of bringing in KC as an attempt to salvage the season, but now we're beyond that point, and now I think the team just needs to focus on getting RG3 better and back to 100%, and fixing the rest of the issues with the team...I believe this season is not salvageable...



:shock: if we are able "to focus on getting RG3 better and back to 100%" and be able to fix "the rest of the issues with the team" - how can you say "this season is not salvageable"

what the hell do you expect of these players and coaches?

RG3 gets back to 100% ... AND ... the offense, defense and special teams start to play really well

thanks for clarifying :roll:
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:09 pm

riggofan wrote:Sounds like we may need to form our own support group soon.


Isn't that what we already kind of are?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
Posts: 1818
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby grampi » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:58 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
grampi wrote:I agreed with the notion of bringing in KC as an attempt to salvage the season, but now we're beyond that point, and now I think the team just needs to focus on getting RG3 better and back to 100%, and fixing the rest of the issues with the team...I believe this season is not salvageable...



:shock: if we are able "to focus on getting RG3 better and back to 100%" and be able to fix "the rest of the issues with the team" - how can you say "this season is not salvageable"

what the hell do you expect of these players and coaches?

RG3 gets back to 100% ... AND ... the offense, defense and special teams start to play really well

thanks for clarifying :roll:


I say I don't think this season is salvageable because I don't think these issues can be fixed in the next week or two, which is what it would take to salvage this season...they might be fixable over the course of the rest of the season...

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13687
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: RG3 support team

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:31 pm

grampi wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
grampi wrote:I agreed with the notion of bringing in KC as an attempt to salvage the season, but now we're beyond that point, and now I think the team just needs to focus on getting RG3 better and back to 100%, and fixing the rest of the issues with the team...I believe this season is not salvageable...

:shock: if we are able "to focus on getting RG3 better and back to 100%" and be able to fix "the rest of the issues with the team" - how can you say "this season is not salvageable"

what the hell do you expect of these players and coaches?

RG3 gets back to 100% ... AND ... the offense, defense and special teams start to play really well

thanks for clarifying :roll:

I say I don't think this season is salvageable because I don't think these issues can be fixed in the next week or two, which is what it would take to salvage this season...they might be fixable over the course of the rest of the season...

The Redskins have "issues" - but they also are getting 'better' each week
you think they cannot salvage the season - why not? - the season has 10 games left - a lot can happen

why does the team need to make everything 'right' in the next 2 weeks?

why be so negative?

give it some time - we're obviously not going to win every game but I do think we'll continue to see improvement
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

swine
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:57 am
Location: The Superbowl

Re: Time for Kirk Cousins

Postby RG3peat » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:20 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
funsho2 wrote:Rg3 is not a good pocket passer .....time to go in a different direction


With the non-existent blocking today, Cousins would have died. RG3 wasn't accurate, but he sure as hell dodged a lot of bullets.


Dodged the 1st then got shot by the second cause he stayed ther and didnt tuck it and run...get the 1st down and SLIDE...still takin shots on the sidelines and in the pocket cause he wants to prove hes Warren Moon already.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4783
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:23 am

So funny how people crucify rgiii when we lose and praise the BACK up.. he had more pass yards then Romo put up, yet cousins would havewon because he scrambled for a 2 pt conversion once and beat the worst team in football the next week? After a crappy first half of errant throws and 2 picks?
Maybe if rgiii played special teams he could have stopped the return.man and single handidly won the game!
Get real people!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
Posts: 1818
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby grampi » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:17 am

SkinsJock wrote:
grampi wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
grampi wrote:I agreed with the notion of bringing in KC as an attempt to salvage the season, but now we're beyond that point, and now I think the team just needs to focus on getting RG3 better and back to 100%, and fixing the rest of the issues with the team...I believe this season is not salvageable...

:shock: if we are able "to focus on getting RG3 better and back to 100%" and be able to fix "the rest of the issues with the team" - how can you say "this season is not salvageable"

what the hell do you expect of these players and coaches?

RG3 gets back to 100% ... AND ... the offense, defense and special teams start to play really well

thanks for clarifying :roll:

I say I don't think this season is salvageable because I don't think these issues can be fixed in the next week or two, which is what it would take to salvage this season...they might be fixable over the course of the rest of the season...

The Redskins have "issues" - but they also are getting 'better' each week
you think they cannot salvage the season - why not? - the season has 10 games left - a lot can happen

why does the team need to make everything 'right' in the next 2 weeks?

why be so negative?

give it some time - we're obviously not going to win every game but I do think we'll continue to see improvement


Because 1) the team is already way behind the the power curve at 1-4 and 2) the remaining schedule is tough and 3) while the team is improving, they're doing so very slowly and I don't think they're going to be good enough soon enough to salvage this season...anyone who still thinks the team has a shot this year just isn't being realistic...

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1425
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:37 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:So funny how people crucify rgiii when we lose and praise the BACK up.. he had more pass yards then Romo put up, yet cousins would havewon because he scrambled for a 2 pt conversion once and beat the worst team in football the next week? After a crappy first half of errant throws and 2 picks?
Maybe if rgiii played special teams he could have stopped the return.man and single handidly won the game!
Get real people!

No one has crucified Griffin. There's legitimate criticisms of his play, however. He looked lost in the 2nd half. His mobility did look better, but he still looked lost and almost Jason Campbell-esque during some plays.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:06 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:So funny how people crucify rgiii when we lose and praise the BACK up.. he had more pass yards then Romo put up, yet cousins would havewon because he scrambled for a 2 pt conversion once and beat the worst team in football the next week? After a crappy first half of errant throws and 2 picks?
Maybe if rgiii played special teams he could have stopped the return.man and single handidly won the game!
Get real people!

No one has crucified Griffin. There's legitimate criticisms of his play, however. He looked lost in the 2nd half. His mobility did look better, but he still looked lost and almost Jason Campbell-esque during some plays.


Do we get one get out of jail free card a year for using profane language in a reply?

Because this line right here?!

;furious; ](*,) ;furious; :explode: :puke: :puke: Monkey Monkey Monkey :thump: :lowblow: ](*,) #-o [-X [-X [-X [-X
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football