NOT on the same page...?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

NOT on the same page...?

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri May 17, 2013 2:01 pm

We know it's the "slow" part of the off season.

BUT WHY stir up the pot.........>sigh<
I don't agree with the assessment below, but there it is:

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) - Redskins fans should be familiar with RGIII’s statement tweeted by Trey Wingo back in March, in which the quarterback identified that “all parties involved” in his injury “know their responsibilities,” without actually identifying the parties involved.

For a refresher, he said,”I know where my responsibility is within the dilemma that led to me having surgery to repair my knee, and all parties involved know their responsibilities as well.”

It was ominous, as almost everyone reading the tweet knew immediately he was referring to head coach Mike Shanahan, who came under fire for leaving a hobbled Griffin in the Redskins’ playoff game against the Seahawks.

According to Jason Reid of the Washington Post, people within the organization were caught off guard by this particular RGIII statement.

“The tweet to Trey Wingo, I mean I talked to people in the organization; that clearly was something that was surprising,” Reid told Lavar and Dukes on 106.7 The Fan Thursday.

Reid, who covered the Redskins before being promoted to columnist, believes these two involved parties – Mike Shanahan and RGIII – haven’t been on the same page.

“The situation has to be straightened out,” Reid said. “Let’s put it that way.”

“They don’t have to love each other, but they have to be on the same page. And I don’t think it’s a big stretch by what we’ve seen so far publicly, to say that there are clearly questions as to whether or not they’re on the same page.”

Just food for thought, for anyone wondering if everything was okay between the two.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/05/ ... same-page/
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri May 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Seems to me the one who stirred up the pot is RGIII with his tweet. I hope all parties involved do understand their responsibilities and make adjustments in the future. As long as they're on the same page about that and everything is good.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat May 18, 2013 4:20 pm

I think this was over blown. I pretty sure RG3 meant that the coach and Medical staff should have benched him for his own good. That was their responsibility. I'm also sure he would have been furious, but he also knows that the coach should have protected him. That was Shanny's responsibility. Now RG3 knows Shanny will protect him from himself.

That is how I read it. I don't think it is a big deal.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat May 18, 2013 9:41 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:I think this was over blown. I pretty sure RG3 meant that the coach and Medical staff should have benched him for his own good. That was their responsibility. I'm also sure he would have been furious, but he also knows that the coach should have protected him. That was Shanny's responsibility. Now RG3 knows Shanny will protect him from himself.

That is how I read it. I don't think it is a big deal.

He's also letting everyone know that in the future he will be more responsible inletting the coaching and medical staff know how he really feels instead of trying to be a Ironman.

Waaaaaaay back in March... back when it still wasn't really news, I read it as RGIII and the coaches have got together, everybody pointed fingers at everybody else... then everybody agreed that everbody else was right.

Other than the media I'm pretty sure everybody involved has moved on from the Seattle P;ayoff game.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football