Robert Griffin III's jersey highest seller of all time

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Robert Griffin III's jersey highest seller of all time

Postby funsho2 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:34 pm

By now you have hopefully had a chance to let quarterback Robert Griffin III‘s professional debut sink in. After looking back at what he did throughout his first full year in the Nation’s Capital, its OK to admit that it took you this long to familiarize yourself with all that the Heisman-winning quarterback did in 2012.

After being selected with the second overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft by the Redskins, Griffin III captured the heart of Redskins Nation with incredible performances week after week.

Whether is was his Week 1 cameo in New Orleans where he torched the Saints defense for 320 yards and two touchdowns or his 5-1 record against NFC East foes where he would toss 13 touchdowns to three interceptions, Griffin III created quite the following in not only the DMV but across the country.

And how could he not as the AP Offensive Rookie of the Year led the Burgundy and Gold to their first division crown since 1999.

We can safely confirm that the record-setting gunslinger is one of the best young stars in the game today, but after learning about his newest record, its safe to say that Griffin III may also be the most popular player in the NFL today.

Find out what Griffin III did in his first professional year that no other player has done in league history here:

ESPN.com Sports Business Reporter Darren Rovell has reported that Griffin III’s replica jersey was not only the highest selling jersey during the April 1, 2012-March 1, 2013 fiscal year, but that his jersey was the highest selling jersey in league history.

Yes, you read that right, the highest selling jersey ever in a single year.

A few months back Rovell reported that No. 10 jerseys was the hottest seller in the league, but with the fiscal year not ending until March 1st, there was still time for other player’s replica jerseys to catch up at the cash register.

Well that never happened as Griffin III continued to dominate the league in the latter half of the 2012 season, leading the Redskins to their first home playoff game in years.

While Griffin III was certainly the heart and soul of the Burgundy and Gold, he wasn’t alone in leading the Redskins to their first double-digit win total in a season since 2005.

Speaking of team efforts, Redskins merchandise as a whole landed in the top-five for team merchandise sales.

Chime in here to tell us when and where you got YOUR Redskins No. 10 Griffin jersey.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ferryrich » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:27 am

I got mine at Wembley before the Patriots / Rams games.
I'm hoping it has a longer lifespan than my Shuler (year he was drafter) & Frerotte (after Shuler got found out) jerseys

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 am

Still haven't gotten mine yet.. I'm holding firm.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Re: Robert Griffin III's jersey highest seller of all time

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 am

funsho2 wrote:After looking back at what he did throughout his first full year in the Nation’s Capital, its OK to admit that it took you this long to familiarize yourself with all that the Heisman-winning quarterback did in 2012.

Really? Your going to come here and say that? :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:01 am

Deadskins wrote:
funsho2 wrote:After looking back at what he did throughout his first full year in the Nation’s Capital, its OK to admit that it took you this long to familiarize yourself with all that the Heisman-winning quarterback did in 2012.

I think he's quoting from an article. Hard to tell, though. The original post in this thread is a mess.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby ACW » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 am

I got mine from my parents. Thanks Mom and Dad :)
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I think he's quoting from an article. Hard to tell, though. The original post in this thread is a mess.

He posted the whole article
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:13 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

It seemed like he was, but he didn't use the quote function or provide a link, so I had my doubts.

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:39 am

TheHogs.net

I just sent da link out to at least 1000 people. lol. New members coming soon. I told them sign up and get a pic of the hottest new nfl jersey that's sweeping the nation. LOL
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:50 am

I got mine later then I had hoped.. I planned on being one of the first here in NM and making the custom one w his name as soon as his number was confirmed, but ended up waiting.
Got it after the papers headline "rgiii shreds cowboys" from their first meeting.

It's burghandy with the 75th anniversery patch. Copt it on the list for a bill so pretty good deal since its stitched... It is a 52 or xl so pretty big- figure better for the haters to see me from far! Lmao
HTTR
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby yupchagee » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:49 pm

If Roger has more than 10 active brain cells, he will insist that the refs do everything they can to keep him safe. Don't allow all the cheap shots. This kid isn't just the face of the franchise, he's the face of the league.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:38 pm

yupchagee wrote:If Roger has more than 10 active brain cells, he will insist that the refs do everything they can to keep him safe. Don't allow all the cheap shots. This kid isn't just the face of the franchise, he's the face of the league.

+1
But he's also a thorn in Mara's ass, so Roger doesn't want to risk injuring his lips.

Hail to the Redskins!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Its almost like a dream. I still cant believe we have RG3. He was relatively unknown before his Heisman year. Just took the world by storm.
Man I am thankful we got RG3! HTTR
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

piglet

Postby RedskinJimmy » Sat May 18, 2013 7:36 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I got mine later then I had hoped.. I planned on being one of the first here in NM and making the custom one w his name as soon as his number was confirmed, but ended up waiting.
Got it after the papers headline "rgiii shreds cowboys" from their first meeting.

It's burghandy with the 75th anniversery patch. Copt it on the list for a bill so pretty good deal since its stitched... It is a 52 or xl so pretty big- figure better for the haters to see me from far! Lmao
HTTR
i have just googled for Griffin III jersey , found lots of websites sell them , such as weiketrade.hk , and so on , are they reliable , where did you get your jersey.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat May 18, 2013 10:08 pm

Deadskins wrote:
yupchagee wrote:If Roger has more than 10 active brain cells, he will insist that the refs do everything they can to keep him safe. Don't allow all the cheap shots. This kid isn't just the face of the franchise, he's the face of the league.

+1
But he's also a thorn in Mara's ass, so Roger doesn't want to risk injuring his lips.

Damn!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football