Is Cooley completely finished?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby rick301 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:30 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'd rather have a really slow kick returner that has a fairly good average amount of yards returning kicks than a super fast kick returner with just an average amount of yards per return :twisted:

Were you thinking of Banks?

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Not sure Cooley has enough left to even work hard in the off-season to get ready...he's done.

While Paul does return KOs, that's an unncessary worry with kickoffs all flying through the end zone. We could put me there to down those that don't go through the end zone. I could do that!!! Paul has horrible hands -- especially for an ex-WR. He isn't slow for his size though.

Davis and Paulson get 95% of the reps.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:23 pm

rick301 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'd rather have a really slow kick returner that has a fairly good average amount of yards returning kicks than a super fast kick returner with just an average amount of yards per return :twisted:

Were you thinking of Banks?

NO - I was just pointing out that having a 'slow' kick returner with a good average is better than having a 'fast' KR with not many yards per return :twisted:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:25 pm

fredp45 wrote:Not sure Cooley has enough left to even work hard in the off-season to get ready...he's done.

While Paul does return KOs, that's an unncessary worry with kickoffs all flying through the end zone. We could put me there to down those that don't go through the end zone. I could do that!!! Paul has horrible hands -- especially for an ex-WR. He isn't slow for his size though.

... unless, of course, Paul actually learns to catch... and becomes Shannon Sharpe... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:47 am

Countertrey wrote:
fredp45 wrote:Not sure Cooley has enough left to even work hard in the off-season to get ready...he's done.

... unless, of course, Paul actually learns to catch... and becomes Shannon Sharpe... :wink:

+1

Yep. Some might be convinced if they actually researched Sharpe & his career trajectory.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:41 am

That is a cute statement!

But you know what I was wrong, NP didn't have a good y/kr average I just remembered it being better than it was. He would have fallen at 23rd in the NFL if he had enough return to fall into the qualified list. His kick return average was 21.8 while Banks averaged 24 and was ranked 16th.

Could it be that our blockers on kr (and pr) just didn't do a very good job? Also, that NP has no business returning kicks.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:13 am

I like Chris but his playing time here is over ...

He's not 'finished' but there's no way he's making the roster, when we have Davis, Paulsen, & Paul

BTW - Banks is NOT making the roster either :twisted:

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 am

SkinsJock wrote:I like Chris but his playing time here is over ...

He's not 'finished' but there's no way he's making the roster, when we have Davis, Paulsen, & Paul

BTW - Banks is NOT making the roster either :twisted:

I agree with you in that I do like Chris, but based on his role late last year and the TEs on our roster, it is clear his time here is over. That said, the dude will only be 31 when the season starts. He is NOT an RB. TEs tend to have longer shelf-lives. Depending, he may have up to 4 years left if he really wants it.

Ultimately whether he catches on somewhere else will be up to him and his commitment to preparation. As you get older, you have to put in more work to produce the same results you did in your early 20s. I'm not 100% Chris will make that sort of commitment.

As far as Banks --- he is gone. Crawford was CLEARLY the better PR last season. If Banks isn't returning punts well (which he isn't), he is worthless.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:51 pm

It really does not matter how 'old' a player is - the coaches can really tell what's there and they would be utilizing anything they could - Cooley does not fit what we need anymore

I'm sure he really wants to be a part of things and probably thinks he still can help - let's face it ... they all do - time to move on here

Hail to the Redskins

swine

Postby masterkwon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Yes, Cooley is done. I stated that last year...and the year before that.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:36 pm

masterkwon wrote:Yes, Cooley is done. I stated that last year...and the year before that.

Which name were you using on this site 2 years ago? As if I didn't know already.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:18 pm

masterkwon wrote:Yes, Cooley is done. I stated that last year...

When you also stated we would only win two games and come in last in the East. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Deadskins wrote:

When you also stated we would only win two games and come in last in the East. :roll:

Ouch!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Ouch!

Not to mention ... Cooley played last year.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:08 am

Deadskins wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kilmer72 wrote:
masterkwon wrote:Yes, Cooley is done. I stated that last year...and the year before that.

Which name were you using on this site 2 years ago? As if I didn't know already.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football