Skins "running" down Talib....???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
SCskinsFan
Posts: 5352
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:16 am
Location: Summerville, SC

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 pm

SCSkinsFan wrote:Looks like there are a lot of players coming available, Talib being one of them, that could help the Skins upgrade their roster.The question is, how will they be able to afford any of them giving their lack of cap space?


Like I said, with our cap problem, we are going to find it hard to sign anyone (of quality), as well as keep our own (Lorenzo). :(
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

08 Champ
Posts: 13051
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:23 am

SCSkinsFan wrote:
SCSkinsFan wrote:Looks like there are a lot of players coming available, Talib being one of them, that could help the Skins upgrade their roster.The question is, how will they be able to afford any of them giving their lack of cap space?


Like I said, with our cap problem, we are going to find it hard to sign anyone (of quality), as well as keep our own

some here need a little help ... and here it is ... :lol:

http://www.thehogs.net/content/index.php?id=1408

gotta love this guy :wink:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

SCskinsFan
Posts: 5352
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:16 am
Location: Summerville, SC

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:23 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
SCSkinsFan wrote:
SCSkinsFan wrote:Looks like there are a lot of players coming available, Talib being one of them, that could help the Skins upgrade their roster.The question is, how will they be able to afford any of them giving their lack of cap space?


Like I said, with our cap problem, we are going to find it hard to sign anyone (of quality), as well as keep our own

some here need a little help ... and here it is ... :lol:

http://www.thehogs.net/content/index.php?id=1408

gotta love this guy :wink:[/quote

Thanks, but I really didn't need any help in knowing how it happened. The point is, look at the effect it has had so far in not being able to go after upgrades, as well as keep a true All-Pto talent like Loorenzo on the roster.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

the 'mudge
Posts: 14328
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:33 pm

SCSkinsFan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
SCSkinsFan wrote:
SCSkinsFan wrote:Looks like there are a lot of players coming available, Talib being one of them, that could help the Skins upgrade their roster.The question is, how will they be able to afford any of them giving their lack of cap space?


Like I said, with our cap problem, we are going to find it hard to sign anyone (of quality), as well as keep our own

some here need a little help ... and here it is ... :lol:

http://www.thehogs.net/content/index.php?id=1408

gotta love this guy :wink:


Thanks, but I really didn't need any help in knowing how it happened. The point is, look at the effect it has had so far in not being able to go after upgrades, as well as keep a true All-Pto talent like Loorenzo on the roster.

I loved me some Zo,too... but the fact is, he was a feel good story, and is not a critical cog to the machine. The team is NOT responsible for the fix they find thenselves in... and some choices have to be made. I seem to recall a lot of whining that we hadn't made enough moves in FA last year, too... yet, they seem to have done ok... I'm not worried, especially if they are able to coax Davis to return.
Last edited by Countertrey on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

tribe
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:15 pm

"running down Talib"......

...hmmmm, I guess we didn't run hard enough cuz he GOT AWAY...........!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

08 Champ
Posts: 13051
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:16 pm

i really liked having a player like Alexander playing on our team

but give me a break - he's a great story but he was not quite a good enough position player to beat out any of our LBs

we'll miss his intensity but we will find someone else to be a part of our ST unit - you don't find someone like that very often

Zo did NOT leave here because of the money - he was told he would have a chance to be a starter in AZ - he was not starting here - not even close
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:50 am

tribeofjudah wrote:"running down Talib

Isn't that a Tom Petty song?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:11 am

SkinsJock wrote: he's a great story but he was not quite a good enough position player to beat out any of our LBs


This... x1000 He'll be missed but c'mon fellas. Judging from the reaction to Zo's departure, when London retires, we may need to have an intervention for you guys.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ
Posts: 13051
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:34 am

SCSkinsFan wrote:
SCSkinsFan wrote:Like I said, with our cap problem, we are going to find it hard to sign anyone (of quality), as well as keep our own

... I really didn't need any help in knowing how it happened. The point is, look at the effect it has had so far in not being able to go after upgrades, as well as keep a true All-Pto talent like Lorenzo on the roster.


OK - I'll put it another way - with the current situation, we are trying to add and keep players but to date we have not 'lost' anyone that we really need

Eric Shaffer will help these guys by being one of the best he is at what he does

we may add a player or two, we may bring back Hall and I think we keep Davis - we can do all that because we'll 'find a way'

what has happened has only a little to do with the cap hit - we just did not really need those players
OK - we are also waiting to let the dust settle a bit because we have to

Alexander was a great help and leader but he's not really needed - NOT a cap casualty

Talib might have been a nice addition but we did not really need him either - NOT a cap casualty

Davis is basically looking at the Browns or the Redskins - RG3 will bring him back here - Davis wants a payday and his best chance is the better QB
ALL teams with great QBs, ALWAYS seem to attract the 'good' players

this franchise is actually not in bad shape - we do need another great draft but that seems eminently do-able IMO

we will be in fantastic shape to really add some weapons next season - and that will most likely be as defending NFC East champions ... AGAIN

no worries .. not great but really not bad, either
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:57 am

SkinsJock wrote:I think we keep Davis - we can do all that because we'll 'find a way'
...
Davis is basically looking at the Browns or the Redskins - RG3 will bring him back here - Davis wants a payday and his best chance is the better QB

I think Davis will be back because he knows his stock is down coming off an injury. He will sign a one year deal, essentially betting on himself, so that he can truly test the FA waters next year. It really has nothing to do with our cap situation.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

SCskinsFan
Posts: 5352
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:16 am
Location: Summerville, SC

Postby SCSkinsFan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:00 am

When the team itself says that the imposed cap penalty has created a problem then you have to give some credence to that if you believe in what the team's vision for upgrading the team is. I'm a lot more comfortable in the course that they will take than at any time in the recent past, and count myself as one of the long-standing, most faithful Skins fans (season ticket holder snice RFK opended). In fact, many of what appear to be upgrades at times are nothing more than names, and many don't ever pan out (we all know who they are) . Back in the day, the Skins (Gibbs & Beathard) were noted for finding talent no one else had ever heard of, ex: Herb Mul-Key, Otis Wonsley, etc. I'm hoping too that they will re-sign F. Davis, and that they will, with the help of a good draft, be able to put some quality players, many folks may not be entirely familiar with, but who can play, into those positions where we need help. And as noted, we are no longer a bad team. The Skins are the defending NFC East Champs, and were one significant injury away from going a long way in last year's playoffs. HTTR!
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

08 Champ
Posts: 13051
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:20 am

I think we're saying the same thing ... kind of :lol:

the Redskins are hampered by the cap hit but this has actually forced them to be a lot more careful about whom to add or keep to continue to make this team better

we have allowed Alexander to go - we may have kept him if we really needed him

we might have gone after some others too

I do not believe the cap hit has hurt us more than it has hindered us .. we have guys in charge here now that 'will find a way' to have the players they really need

we will continue to get better - having a great QB impacts EVERYTHING

we have players that want to be part of the perceived success here whereas in the past Snyder's wallet was the ONLY attraction

there is some doubt about RG3 but I have a lot of confidence that he will be as good, if not better than before
Dr Andrews did the work on AP and since that time Dr Andrews has benefited from other operations on athletes, specifically with the use of stem cells to assist with the recovery/rehabilitation process

If these guys really want to keep Davis - they will do that - Davis will NOT choose the Browns for a little more money NOW when he can potentially do better here

these guys will find the players to ensure we defend the NFC East crown and then it's on to great things from here on out
our next BIG worry is a decade or so down the road as we consider who to play QB after RG3 :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

SCskinsFan
Posts: 5352
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:16 am
Location: Summerville, SC

Postby SCSkinsFan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:57 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I think we're saying the same thing ... kind of :lol:

the Redskins are hampered by the cap hit but this has actually forced them to be a lot more careful about whom to add or keep to continue to make this team better

we have allowed Alexander to go - we may have kept him if we really needed him

we might have gone after some others too

I do not believe the cap hit has hurt us more than it has hindered us .. we have guys in charge here now that 'will find a way' to have the players they really need

we will continue to get better - having a great QB impacts EVERYTHING

we have players that want to be part of the perceived success here whereas in the past Snyder's wallet was the ONLY attraction

there is some doubt about RG3 but I have a lot of confidence that he will be as good, if not better than before
Dr Andrews did the work on AP and since that time Dr Andrews has benefited from other operations on athletes, specifically with the use of stem cells to assist with the recovery/rehabilitation process

If these guys really want to keep Davis - they will do that - Davis will NOT choose the Browns for a little more money NOW when he can potentially do better here

these guys will find the players to ensure we defend the NFC East crown and then it's on to great things from here on out
our next BIG worry is a decade or so down the road as we consider who to play QB after RG3 :lol:


+1 :D
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:11 pm

[quote="SkinsJock"

Talib might have been a nice addition but we did not really need him either - NOT a cap casualty.[/quote]
Ok, so if we didn't need Talib you must think we don't need to add anyone to the team!

We may not have needed Talib but we currently don't have starter to replace Hall. We need to add a starter at CB more than any other spot on the squad. FS is a close second but then there is a chasm between those two needs and the next spot where we need help!

Yes, there is still free agents left to play corner and there is still the draft.

BUT WE NEED SOMEONE TO PAY CB.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ
Posts: 13051
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:43 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Talib might have been a nice addition but we did not really need him either - NOT a cap casualty.

Ok, so if we didn't need Talib you must think we don't need to add anyone to the team!

We may not have needed Talib but we currently don't have starter to replace Hall. We need to add a starter at CB more than any other spot on the squad. FS is a close second but then there is a chasm between those two needs and the next spot where we need help!

Yes, there is still free agents left to play corner and there is still the draft.

BUT WE NEED SOMEONE TO PAY CB.


WRONG - as usual :lol:

we do NOT need someone to play (PAY) CB this month - we WILL have CBs when we REALLY need them on the field

We do need CBs and we might add a free agent or 2 or 3 AND we might add a FS or 2 - I'm sure our defensive secondary WILL get some attention in the draft

about Talib - I said we did not REALLY need him :lol:

IF these guys had REALLY, REALLY wanted Talib - they would have found a way .. ONLY if the $ could be worked out
Talib is a little like Davis in a way - there is some 'baggage' and he was NOT deemed worth the price :roll:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football