Question: Would u deal Cousins for picks?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Question: Would u deal Cousins for picks?

Postby burgngold4life » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 pm

& maybe a solid corner too.. if the deal was right?

Could now be a time to think about this, or keep the insurance policy & let his stock rise?

the 'mudge

Re: Question: Would u deal Cousins for picks?

Postby Countertrey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 pm

burgngold4life wrote:& maybe a solid corner too.. if the deal was right?

Could now be a time to think about this, or keep the insurance policy & let his stock rise?
After a season in which we desperately needed someone of Cousins quality as a backup... were VERY fortunate to have him, and the likelihood that your outstanding and higly mobile starter WILL be hurt at times again...

this is an amazing question.

No. Not this year. Maybe in two years, assuming a viable back-up option is on the team... NO... Grossman is NOT a viable back-up option.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:16 pm

Countertrey wrote:

After a season in which we desperately needed someone of Cousins quality as a backup... were VERY fortunate to have him, and the likelihood that your outstanding and higly mobile starter WILL be hurt at times again...

No. Not this year. Maybe in two years, assuming a viable back-up option is on the team... NO... Grossman is NOT a viable back-up option.

+1
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

+1

+2

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:37 am

If the deal was right, I would trade anyone except RGIII. But, "right" would have to be stupidly one-sided. Like Herschel Walker to the Vikings "right."
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:07 am

Deadskins wrote:If the deal was right, I would trade anyone except RGIII. But, "right" would have to be stupidly one-sided. Like Herschel Walker to the Vikings "right."

Exactly. Wasn't there a "What would it take thread on this a month ago?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:03 pm

If it's day two of the draft and you're able to trade Cousins for a Corner/Safety, pick up a 4th round pick and swap picks say 5th round picks (from 22 to say 1-5) then you can make the trade, draft a QB or bring in a FA QB to play backup. I don't think you'll get a quality corner and a solid early draft pick for Cousins. I think if we were willing to trade him, the best we could get is a 2nd which is a nice trade imo. If you do make the trade, you better have a gameplan on what you're going to do.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading him but the compensation needs to be good.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Let's throw this out there for a scenario:

Skins trade Kirk Cousins to Az

AZ gives up QB Ryan Lindley and we swap picks in say the 2nd round and pick up a 5th or 6th.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:57 pm

I just don't see it
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:49 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Let's throw this out there for a scenario:

Skins trade Kirk Cousins to Az

AZ gives up QB Ryan Lindley and we swap picks in say the 2nd round and pick up a 5th or 6th.

Who?? Lmao, maybe if Fitz or Peterson came in that package, smh! Cousins is worth his weight in gold to this team, especially with how RGiiis season ended.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 pm

I literally threw one scenario out there. There are other options out there I'm sure and while a backup QB is very important to this team, you don't miss out on a potential opportunity if you're presented with one.

Postby amakely » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:59 pm

No way, not with the way RG3 plays. He's great, but you need the insurance of having a good backup quarterback that can step up if needed. Maybe after this next season when RG3 proves he can stay healthy you try to deal him for a top tier corner

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 am

Sure, if the deal was "right." But what are the odds someone would make that kind of offer? Close to zero.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Sure, if the deal was "right." But what are the odds someone would make that kind of offer? Close to zero.

If this was a few years ago, the only team that would be dumb enough to make that trade would be the Redskins... Last I checked, you can't go back in time to make trades with yourself.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:43 pm

I bet Danny's got some minion working on it.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football