Fred Davis (resign him now)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:16 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
capitaldefense wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Davis is far superior running routes however Paulsen is far superior blocking. With our QB the value of another quality blocker in Paulsen is high.

:D

You're not giving Davis enough credit in regards to his blocking. I've recently sat and watched 4 games prior to his injury and our running game was POTENT.

There's a larger gap in between Paulsen and Davis's route running than there is between their run blocking.

Good point, not sure what exact game Davis got hurt but we rushed for 1330 yards our first 8 games and 1379 our last 8 games. Very balanced numbers as far a rushing the ball goes and like you said no comparison in the passing game. I do not want to put Paulsen down though, because every team needs players that. Ones that will do the dirty work and he does a lot of it and he plays on special teams as a blocker as well.

I love Paulsen too. He's a helluva player and showed his greatness in how he didn't cause the them to miss a beat. He did his job extremely well and raised his game.

+1

Exactly...I definitely want us to keep Paulsen. If Davis' contract is incentive laden, then I think we have our TE "concerns" taken care of for this year...next year maybe we can grab an upgrade.

This will give us less complications on fixing out DB needs too.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:14 am

Again, I watched more film from the 2012/2013 season up until Davis got hurt.

It's easy to forget a players contributions/accomplishments when they go down earlier in the season. Davis was BALLING, seriously. Go back and watch the Tampa game...

RGIII dumps the pass off to Davis on a 3 yard screen. Davis receives a below par block, stiff arms that man, runs 8 yards and stiff arms another man. He then runs another 4-8 yards and lowers the boom on another player. It was an amazing play and displayed what he brings to this offense. He will be an amazing weapon next year, if we can keep him.

That being said, if you don't think realize his worth, go back and watch the film.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piggie

Postby burgngold4life » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Chris, I def saw his worth & have been seeing it since we drafted him.

He was going ham last year til he got hurt. Woulda def made the Pro Bowl.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:42 pm

We have proven we can win without him. If he signs a respectable contract all for it.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:37 pm

Davis and Garcon on the field at the same time will be a huge burden for opponents. I hope he's back.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Countertrey wrote:Davis and Garcon on the field at the same time will be a huge burden for opponents. I hope he's back.

Hope it pans out exactly as you said. I'd gladly feast on some crow to that.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:27 am

Countertrey wrote:Davis and Garcon on the field at the same time will be a huge burden for opponents. I hope he's back.

Yessir!
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:52 am

Fred Davis: I don’t want to just go for the money

Redskins tight end Fred Davis got some good news recently about his recovery from a torn Achilles and that means it’s time for him to start thinking about where he’d like to end up as a free agent this offseason.

Other than saying that he likes being in Washington and that it would be “awesome” to play in his hometown of Cleveland if he couldn’t stay in D.C., Davis didn’t offer much in the way of specifics about where he’d like to play in 2013. He did offer up some thoughts on what would be guiding his ultimate decision.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:21 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Losing Fred is going to hurt.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:37 pm

we're ONLY losing Fred Davis if Mike and Kyle think they can get by without him OR if they feel he will not be as key to the offense that many of us feel he is
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:41 pm

or if we can't, umm, pay him. That might be an obstacle to resigning him. Money.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:49 pm

emoses14 wrote:or if we can't, umm, pay him. That might be an obstacle to resigning him. Money.

that's the thing - this FO will find a way to make it work IF they really want to keep the player

read this piece by 1niksder - there's other stuff in there but the bottom p[art is informative

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/posting.ph ... e&p=612217

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:58 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
emoses14 wrote:or if we can't, umm, pay him. That might be an obstacle to resigning him. Money.

that's the thing - this FO will find a way to make it work IF they really want to keep the player

read this piece by 1niksder

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/posting.ph ... e&p=612217

Or This One
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:04 pm

^^ THANKS

I'm a huge Fred Davis Fan - I hope he's here but ...

this franchise is being so well managed now that apart from Bob - no player is irreplaceable

ALL players deserve to get what their worth
more and more Redskin players are choosing to play here and not necessarily for what they might make elsewhere

these are the new "CORE" Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football