WP Detailed Article On What Happened w/ RGIII vs. Seattle

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

WP Detailed Article On What Happened w/ RGIII vs. Seattle

Postby ACW » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html
Seems like RGIII, Shanny, and RGIII himself all share some blame; also seems there was just plain bad luck.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:15 pm

I read the article and must have missed something ...

that article (reportedly 'detailed') revealed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - a waste of time and paper

a complete rehash of everything already known
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 am

Posted earlier in merged "Knee" thread.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:52 pm

I read the article as suggesting that Griffin tore his knee on that first quarter play, just before the TD pass, when he rolled right, stopped, and threw left toward Garcon. After that, he went into the examination shed, and returned with a determination to play on.

Sounds like Griffin should not have started the last few games, but that Griffin was behaving as a great athlete would, and Shanahan was not as cautious as he should have been.

Obvious contrast: Strassburg, Rizzo, Davey, and the decision to have Strassburg stop pitching after about 160 innings.

However, that's an easier call. Rizzo and the Nationals have a plan for how a pitcher should work after Tommy John surgery. They followed the plan in 2011 with Jordan Zimmermann. Everyone knew the plan.

Furthermore, Strassburg is one of five starting pitchers on the Nats. The best, sure, and among the best pitchers I've ever seen...which goes all the way back to about 1953. Still, he is only one of five starters. Strassburg, and the other super-star kid, Bryce Harper, could both be replaced.

QB carries more of the team than any single baseball player. It must have been tough for Shanahan to say anything except, "Go get them, Robert".

Maybe a comparison? Take a look at Doug Williams as he slips in Q1 or SB 22. Looks like an awful sprain. Williams was replaced for a series, went to the sideline, bounced on his toes a few times, told Joe Gibbs he was OK, and then played the greatest quarter any QB has ever played.

It's fun to say "would have and should have", but I'm not sure what Joe Gibbs, among the all-time greatest football coaches and people, would have done in place of Shanahan.

So...next year starts now.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football