Double Standard

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Double Standard

Postby funsho2 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:31 am

Christian Ponder gets injured while throwing the pocket ...then missed a playoff game...nobody said nothing...analyst didn't make any fuss about it....but when it comes to rg3 everything changes....people like trent dilfer saying he needs to learn how to be a pocket passer....who thought before the season started the this team will win the division? ....the way rg3 played this offense is what carried us here....the only knock is that he should step out of bounds more and slide.....but these are the same people now that are having problem with the way rg3 plays

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 am

And the same people who villified Cutler two years ago and said he should have played are the same ones saying RGIII should NOT have. That's why you can't listen to anyone. Do what you feel is right and tell everyone else to go to hell. It is so easy to be an armchair player, coach or GM. That is part of what is wrong with our society. Everyone thinks their opinion is more important than the people who's job it is to decide things.

Hog

Postby LORD GIBBS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:27 am

I AGREE 100%
I BLEED BURGUNDY AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Re: Double Standard

Postby LORD GIBBS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:29 am

[quote="funsho2"]Christian Ponder gets injured while throwing the pocket ...then missed a playoff game...nobody said nothing...analyst didn't make any fuss about it....but when it comes to rg3 everything changes....people like trent dilfer saying he needs to learn how to be a pocket passer....who thought before the season started the this team will win the division? ....the way rg3 played this offense is what carried us here....the only knock is that he should step out of bounds more and slide.....but these are the same people now that are having problem with the way rg3 play

These Guys are like a hard to please women cant evr make them happy :x
I BLEED BURGUNDY AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:05 am

Yea, I am already over this "controversy" concerning RGIII. Please. Move on. I just hope my QB is not injured badly......
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:26 am

FLWSkin wrote:And the same people who villified Cutler two years ago and said he should have played are the same ones saying RGIII should NOT have. That's why you can't listen to anyone. Do what you feel is right and tell everyone else to go to hell. It is so easy to be an armchair player, coach or GM. That is part of what is wrong with our society. Everyone thinks their opinion is more important than the people who's job it is to decide things.

+100
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:29 am

It really is amazing how terrible the entire media in general has become in the last 5-10 years. All of a sudden everyone is an expert on every topic, including ones that they don't even have any kind of remote degree in......like the medical field. All of these idiots killing Shanny for leaving RGIII in the game, for fear of injury, need their head examined. The guy's been playing on a bum wheel for quite a few weeks now...where were you then?? I personally thought Shanny should have pulled him early in the 3rd quarter, but not for fear of further injury. I just thought he looked terribly inaccurate out there and was actually hindering the offense. Up here in NY I couldn't be more upset with Boomer & Carton this monring, particularly Boomer. He was crushing Shanny for leaving him in. These are the same guys who have/had nothing but praise for Big Ben when he was out there on a broken ankle recently. The double standard on this whole thing is ridiculous. Even tho I thought he should have been pulled, I can't kill Shanny for wanting to ride his horse. Its very easy to cast blame after the fact.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:44 pm

And what very few people are noticing is that RGIII hurt his hand in the pocket yesterday. That pass where his hand hit a helmet must have also affected his play. That was in the pocket, so does he have to roll out now so he doesn't hurt it again? Injuries happen.

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Exactly FLWSkin, ask Tom Brady, Trent Green, or (cringe) Joe Theismann if you can get injured in the pocket.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:07 pm

FLWSkin wrote:And the same people who villified Cutler two years ago and said he should have played are the same ones saying RGIII should NOT have. That's why you can't listen to anyone. Do what you feel is right and tell everyone else to go to hell. It is so easy to be an armchair player, coach or GM. That is part of what is wrong with our society. Everyone thinks their opinion is more important than the people who's job it is to decide things.

Dieon and Irvin were making this point last night, saying THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT from your young quarterback... "You shouldn't have to tell your quarterback that you understand he's sore, but he needs to be in the game". One of them, Dieon (I think) said almost exactly the same thing you just said...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Dear God, I'm thinking like Deon....I'm not sleeping tonight. ;)

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 pm

FLWSkin wrote:Dear God, I'm thinking like Deon....I'm not sleeping tonight. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(The only thing about this that has caused me to smile)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:22 pm

You could do worse... It could have been Collinsworth!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Countertrey wrote:You could do worse... It could have been Collinsworth!

I was tempted to say we would've banned someone like that by now, but there are a cople of posters around here who do fill that role.

swine

Postby RG3peat » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 pm

I called Ponder "soft" and couldnt understand why he was deactivated...who was next? Your already at Joe Webb!....I see giving him a 1/2 but Ponder could have gutted it out or tried a couple series.....Always can put Webb back in.....RG3 is different, he missed a little over a game with his knee, looked a shell of himself in Philly and looked better v/s Dallas. Started off lookin good 1st QTR....still looked ok for a little longer but midway thru 2nd...you could tell his leg was gone. Running done, lets see if he could throw, if we could protect.....Nope. Inaccuracy throwing high cause he couldnt drive through his throw on the leg and easily could tell he was using all arm....somewhat putting that at risk also..Decision should NOT have been his and he SHOULD have been yanked 1 or 2 series of 3rd qtr at the LATEST...Give Cousins a chance to move ball...eat some clock and hopefully put some pts up....our K has done well.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football