POSTGAME Skins v. Buzzards thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 pm

I agree, skinsfan. I definitely felt he wasn't having a very good day yesterday, for the same reasons, which have definitely popped up from time to time (holding the ball too long instead of making a read and throwing). i do'nt know if it's because our receivers aren't getting open or if he's making his reads too slow, but either way i hope he will start making faster decisions at times (obviously sometimes buying time until he finds someone open has worked out, but finding a good balance of when to do that... idunno).

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Grifin is definitely not making reads too slowly.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:11 am

I can't wait until Kyle and Mike unveil an offensive game plan that actually doesn't use the pistol option for an entire game just to screw with the other team. I'm wondering if it'll be against browns, in the playoffs or some game next year. Sorry I was listening to Tim hasslebeck speak nonsense about the core of the skins offense.

Which raises a good question; is the foundation of our offense the pistol formation or the power running game?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:05 am

riggofan wrote:I wonder which of these scenarios is more likely:

1) Shanahan has been rebuilding a decimated roster, trying to turn around one of the most consistently mediocre teams in the league and we're finally seeing some results.

or

2) Shanahan suddenly changed his coaching style, tactics, philosophy, figured out how to coach effectively and we've started winning as a result.

I disagree with the DISJUNCTION in the above post.

I think that it is a bit of both. So, I would place a CONJUNCTION:

AND

Then I would go 100% in agreement even if i worded some of the post a bit differently. :wink:

Shanahan did not change coaching style, etc. He and the coaching staff ADAPTED to what they have.

In fact, I would like to see Shanahan run more a spread offense and less a pistol formation that may have our QB at risk. :up:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Ravens fans at work were quite gracious. Cowboy fan, on the other hand ... Cowboy fan was pissed Ravens played soft after the injury. I just watched NFL Replay. Here's what I saw and wrote to Cowboy fan:

Watching last drive on NFL Replay. Drive chart after injury.

3rd and 6 Man coverage. Ravens called for pass interference on short down and in. Ravens blitz 2.

1st and 10 Man coverage. Moss catches short in and runs away from defender - who slips when Moss makes quick spin move - for a 1st down. Ravens bring 4.

1st and 10 Man coverage. Griff throws out of bounds targeting tightly covered down and out. Ravens bring 4.

2nd and 10 Man coverage. Griff pump fakes to 10 yard hook on left. Defender in man-to-man is fooled releasing Garcon whom Griff hits in seam just in front of safety who makes big hit right after ball gets there. Garcon holds on. Ravens bring 4.

1st and 10 At the 15 now. Bobbled snap with Ravens bringing 6 rushers. Griff throws out of end zone for grounding flag.

2nd and 20 Ravens rush 4. Zone coverage (only play on drive they did not play man). Cousins (Captain Kirk) hits Hank for 15 to the 11.

3rd and 5 At the 11 Ravens blitz and play tight man-to-man. A pump fake on a hook-in-cut-out by Garcon results in an abused corner and a TD.

Conclusion: If anything, the Ravens D was overly aggressive on the last drive. They brought anywhere from 4 to 6 rushers (never 3) on every play. DBs in man bit on pump fakes. We simply abused them with excellent execution.

I guess people see what they want to see sometimes.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:38 am

thanks for that ^^ Darth ... NICE

I will add that the offensive execution the past 2 weeks has, at times, been flawless - some of the plays have been both well designed AND, at the same time, the execution by everyone, has made the defenses look like they had no chance
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football