Chris Cooley on RGIII: ‘Incredible, Unreal, Awesome’

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Chris Cooley on RGIII: ‘Incredible, Unreal, Awesome’

Postby 44diesel » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:31 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... l-awesome/

“He’s incredible,” the veteran tight end said. “He’s been incredible from the minute he set foot in our locker room. He does everything that you can see on the field. And he’s the most explosive, exciting player that I’ve been around – and that, I think, a lot of people have seen, in terms of a quarterback.

“But what he does in the locker room and in the meeting rooms is what really blows me away. We’ve been able to grow offensively – as far as volume, what we do, presenting different game plans – more than I have in a season, ever. And he’s a rookie. And he’s the guy that runs it all.

“I mean, his work ethic, and his ability to make these things happen and make our gameplan go has been unreal. And then you put that together with his leadership skills, his relationship with the guys, the way everyone believes. It’s awesome. I mean, people really, really believe in him. We believe we’re gonna win football games. We have no doubt we can score. We have no doubt that we can beat teams. And it’s been fun for me…”

I love hearing from the players themselves the kind of impact RGIII has in the locker room. The players have bought in 100% and they believe they can win.

:rock:

I also got a kick at Cooley's self deprecating humor at the end of the article:

As for his own contributions to the Skins’ offense, “I warmed the hell out of that bench last night,” Cooley joked.

ROTFALMAO
"Givin'em the Business!"

JSPB22

Re: Chris Cooley on RGIII: ‘Incredible, Unreal, Awesome’

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:55 pm

As for his own contributions to the Skins’ offense, “I warmed the hell out of that bench last night,” Cooley joked.

ROTFALMAO
Who says he's not contributing?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:11 pm

Deadskins wrote:

ROTFALMAO

Wow. Just think about how other NFL players of his stature/position would handle his situation. Coming back to a team where you have been a star player and taking on a greatly reduced role. There's not a lot of them out there that would show that kind of selflessness and class IMO.

I have no doubt Cooley is helping out the other TEs and will be ready to step in if one of them goes down. Class act.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:13 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

ROTFALMAO

Wow. Just think about how other NFL players of his stature/position would handle his situation. Coming back to a team where you have been a star player and taking on a greatly reduced role. There's not a lot of them out there that would show that kind of selflessness and class IMO.

I have no doubt Cooley is helping out the other TEs and will be ready to step in if one of them goes down. Class act.

Indeed, much respect for Capt. Chaos. A core Redskin for life.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football