Garcon back, Banks should be benched, Cooley needs touches

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Garcon back, Banks should be benched, Cooley needs touch

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 am

fleetus wrote:Now that Garcon is back in the starting lineup, I hope we can end those completely ineffective plays where Banks shifts to the backfield. Has Banks made it past the line of scrimmage once?

I'm also tired of seeing Banks making poor KR/PR decisions, including running the PR out of the end zone this week and being stuffed inside the 10. These poor decisions plus his fumbles have far outweighed the few returns he has broken for significant yardage.

Nothing against Paulsen but I'd like to see Cooley get a few touches. He's made some nice blocks, but with his hands I would think he'd be a great outlet receiver for RG3.

As slow as Cooley is now, what makes you think he is a better option than Paulsen?? You do realize that Paulsen is bigger, faster and stronger than Cooley right? I think we should let Cooley go, he has done nothing to warrant playing time and is still SLOW AS MOLASSES GOING UP HILL IN DECEMBER......Captain Chaos is long dead.........

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:05 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
fleetus wrote:Now that Garcon is back in the starting lineup, I hope we can end those completely ineffective plays where Banks shifts to the backfield. Has Banks made it past the line of scrimmage once?

I'm also tired of seeing Banks making poor KR/PR decisions, including running the PR out of the end zone this week and being stuffed inside the 10. These poor decisions plus his fumbles have far outweighed the few returns he has broken for significant yardage.

Nothing against Paulsen but I'd like to see Cooley get a few touches. He's made some nice blocks, but with his hands I would think he'd be a great outlet receiver for RG3.

As slow as Cooley is now, what makes you think he is a better option than Paulsen?? You do realize that Paulsen is bigger, faster and stronger than Cooley right? I think we should let Cooley go, he has done nothing to warrant playing time and is still SLOW AS MOLASSES GOING UP HILL IN DECEMBER......Captain Chaos is long dead.........

God, I'm glad you aren't part of the FO. This franchise owes CC a debt, and I would keep him on the team the rest of the year, regardless. BTW, have you ever seen Paul or Paulsen attemp to block? TEs have to do that sometimes. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:10 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

God, I'm glad you aren't part of the FO. This franchise owes CC a debt, and I would keep him on the team the rest of the year, regardless. BTW, have you ever seen Paul or Paulsen attemp to block? TEs have to do that sometimes. :roll:

I think it's safe to say all of our TE's have blocking issues or we'd be seeing Cooley more often.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:14 am

Being in the front office in the NFL is sometimes a very cut throat business. We don't "owe" Colley anything.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 am

FLWSkin wrote:Being in the front office in the NFL is sometimes a very cut throat business. We don't "owe" Colley anything.

I agree with you on that, but we do owe Cooley a chance to be part of our SuperBowl run. :up:

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Deadskins wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:Being in the front office in the NFL is sometimes a very cut throat business. We don't "owe" Colley anything.

I agree with you on that, but we do owe Cooley a chance to be part of our SuperBowl run. :up:

:up:

AND - I'm not sure how having Cooley on the roster is hurting us for the rest of this season

Cooley has earned a rep for being a clutch player and he plays every down with desire - we should be so lucky
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 pm

... and, if you don't mind...

Can the injury bug please move along to some other... deserving... locus?

Thank you.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Countertrey wrote:... and, if you don't mind...

Can the injury bug please move along to some other... deserving... locus?

Thank you.

Well, it's been hitting Pittsburgh and Philly pretty hard this year. I'd say that's a good start.

Maybe we gave it to them . . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:36 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

AND - I'm not sure how having Cooley on the roster is hurting us for the rest of this season

Cooley has earned a rep for being a clutch player and he plays every down with desire - we should be so lucky

On the flip side, I don't see how having Cooley on the roster is helping us at this point either.

Postby yupchagee » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:30 pm

FLWSkin wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

On the flip side, I don't see how having Cooley on the roster is helping us at this point either.

It makes sense to have a 3rd TE on roster. Who would you prefer?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:02 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

And he's a core Redskin, unlike this Colley guy FLWSkin says we don't owe anything.

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 am

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

And he's a core Redskin, unlike this Colley guy FLWSkin says we don't owe anything.

Sorry if my mistyping of a letter upset you. I have just never felt players are "owed" anything. They are very well overpaid for their services. It doesn't matter if he is a so-called "core Redskin", if he can't play anymore, which it is obvious Cooley can't, then he shouldn't be on the team. Now I get that he is here because he knows the system and that is about the only reason. I also know the only reason he is on the team is because Davis is hurt. Riggo was a core Redskin too and he was cut. So were all of them. That is the nature of the game.

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:34 am

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Sorry if my mistyping of a letter upset you. I have just never felt players are "owed" anything. They are very well overpaid for their services. It doesn't matter if he is a so-called "core Redskin", if he can't play anymore, which it is obvious Cooley can't, then he shouldn't be on the team. Now I get that he is here because he knows the system and that is about the only reason. I also know the only reason he is on the team is because Davis is hurt. Riggo was a core Redskin too and he was cut. So were all of them. That is the nature of the game.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:48 am

FLWSkin wrote:Sorry if my mistyping of a letter upset you.

Yes, I am incredibly upset by your lack of typing skill. I might just quit this board, and never come back.

FLWSkin wrote:It doesn't matter if he is a so-called "core Redskin", if he can't play anymore, which it is obvious Cooley can't, then he shouldn't be on the team. Now I get that he is here because he knows the system and that is about the only reason. I also know the only reason he is on the team is because Davis is hurt.

I don't think that's as obvious as you do, since he's currently on the team. And another reason he is on the team, is because he refused to play anywhere else. It doesn't get more core than that. So, obviously (to me and the team, anyway) it does matter.

Hail to the Redskins!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Deadskins wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:Sorry if my mistyping of a letter upset you.

Yes, I am incredibly upset by your lack of typing skill. I might just quit this board, and never come back.

FLWSkin wrote:It doesn't matter if he is a so-called "core Redskin", if he can't play anymore, which it is obvious Cooley can't, then he shouldn't be on the team. Now I get that he is here because he knows the system and that is about the only reason. I also know the only reason he is on the team is because Davis is hurt.

I don't think that's as obvious as you do, since he's currently on the team. And another reason he is on the team, is because he refused to play anywhere else. It doesn't get more core than that. So, obviously (to me and the team, anyway) it does matter.

What teams did he refuse to play for?
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football