Scoring is Soaring....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Scoring is Soaring....

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:24 am

Now, this is a stat that WE ALL LOVE:

Points soaring

The Redskins have now scored 30 points or more in five games this season. While doing that is routine for many NFL franchises, that is a positively dizzying pace for this team.

In the five seasons from 2007-2011 the Redskins scored 30 or more in a game a total of five times. So, in 11 games this year they have as many 30-plus games as they did in the previous 90 games.

The Redskins last scored 30 or more five times in 2005. The last season where they had more was in 1996 when they had six.

http://www.realredskins.com/
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:28 am

Its bloody amazing how much the offense has improved. I mean how many 30 points games did the team have last year? In just this season alone they more than doubled it. I'm hoping the trend continues.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:46 pm

The reality is that in order to win games you need to score more points than the other guys :lol:

with the Redskins pass defense giving up so much yardage, the offense has to score a bunch of points :lol:

:twisted:
Robert Griffin is a franchise QB - we are very fortunate

The Redskins FO are working hard to add players that fit the short term plan & hopefully ensure a consistently competitive franchise

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:01 pm

SkinsJock wrote:The reality is that in order to win games you need to score more points than the other guys :lol:

with the Redskins pass defense giving up so much yardage, the offense has to score a bunch of points :lol:

Agree 100%. The Patriots are a great example. Their defense is one of the worst but their offense scores so many points they win. I would sure love for the Redskins to get themselves in the same situation.

Hog

Postby grampi » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:44 pm

aswas71788 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:The reality is that in order to win games you need to score more points than the other guys :lol:

Agree 100%. The Patriots are a great example. Their defense is one of the worst but their offense scores so many points they win. I would sure love for the Redskins to get themselves in the same situation.

Or what if the Skins were capable of scoring 30+ every game AND had a decent D?

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:57 pm

grampi wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:

Mara would probably find a way to only allow them to put 6 players on the field at any given time. To answer your question....Super Bowl Champions

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:59 pm

grampi wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:

That would be very Patriot - ic.

BTW - Defensively, Pats are 15th in PPG. We are 24th. We are 29th at stopping teams on 3rd down. Pats are 30th.

Another way offense helps defense is a good offense puts pressure on the other guys to score which leads to mistakes. I remember feeling like we had to be perfect when playing the 49ers back in the 80s and 90s, then the Colts, the Saints, the Packers, and through it all, the Pats.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football