Incompleteness of roster remodeling explains 3-6 record

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:20 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Ray, I'm not saying I think you will be wrong...hell, you may even be right, but making a change right now during the middle of the season is the wrong thing to do. What I am afraid of is making a change at the end of the year (which I ONLY think would be justified with 2 or less wins in the final 7 games and a clear give up by the team) and repeating the mistakes that we made with Campbell by switching the offensive coordinator on him, and losing a perfect running back in Morris for this offense. So what is your answer to those concerns?

I understand the logic in not making a coaching change mid season .. I really do. And I agree that such a decision is better made at the end.

As for your concerns about switching offenses ... I think you are giving way too much credit to Kyle and Mike, and not recognizing that RG3 and Morris are the ones making that offense go.

Today was a great example .... poor play calling in my opinion .. like these IDIOTIC pitch plays on 3rd and 1. EVERY TIME we lose yardage on that pay when it's a short yardage situation. It drives me crazy. And all of the option plays, and the dink and dunk. RG3 has got one heck of an arm, and it's not being utilized as often as it should be, with all of this option crap. As much as I dislike the old man ... I cannot stand his Son, and I think RG3 would be way better off without Kyle Shanahan and his quirky nonsense.

Even though the convincing win against a division foe was sweet. I was not impressed with the offense as a whole for the reasons Ray pointed out. RGIII makes this thing go. If RGIII called his own plays like he did at the end of the Bucs win, the O would be humming on all cylinders.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:06 am

Red_One43 wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Ray, I'm not saying I think you will be wrong...hell, you may even be right, but making a change right now during the middle of the season is the wrong thing to do. What I am afraid of is making a change at the end of the year (which I ONLY think would be justified with 2 or less wins in the final 7 games and a clear give up by the team) and repeating the mistakes that we made with Campbell by switching the offensive coordinator on him, and losing a perfect running back in Morris for this offense. So what is your answer to those concerns?

I understand the logic in not making a coaching change mid season .. I really do. And I agree that such a decision is better made at the end.

As for your concerns about switching offenses ... I think you are giving way too much credit to Kyle and Mike, and not recognizing that RG3 and Morris are the ones making that offense go.

Today was a great example .... poor play calling in my opinion .. like these IDIOTIC pitch plays on 3rd and 1. EVERY TIME we lose yardage on that pay when it's a short yardage situation. It drives me crazy. And all of the option plays, and the dink and dunk. RG3 has got one heck of an arm, and it's not being utilized as often as it should be, with all of this option crap. As much as I dislike the old man ... I cannot stand his Son, and I think RG3 would be way better off without Kyle Shanahan and his quirky nonsense.

Even though the convincing win against a division foe was sweet. I was not impressed with the offense as a whole for the reasons Ray pointed out. RGIII makes this thing go. If RGIII called his own plays like he did at the end of the Bucs win, the O would be humming on all cylinders.

The ran the option without any options :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:25 am

I am kind of surprised that so many here want Mike back next year - the poll has a huge # preferring Mike ...

I do not agree with changing coaches and especially HC, DC or OC during the season ...

but

I hope that we have more than a couple of changes at the top of our coaching staff this coming January
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:16 am

Red_One43 wrote:Even though the convincing win against a division foe was sweet. I was not impressed with the offense as a whole for the reasons Ray pointed out. RGIII makes this thing go. If RGIII called his own plays like he did at the end of the Bucs win, the O would be humming on all cylinders.

So your opinion is that the answer to our team's problems is to not have an offensive coordinator, but allow our rookie QB to just go out and call his own plays?

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:44 am

riggofan wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:Even though the convincing win against a division foe was sweet. I was not impressed with the offense as a whole for the reasons Ray pointed out. RGIII makes this thing go. If RGIII called his own plays like he did at the end of the Bucs win, the O would be humming on all cylinders.

So your opinion is that the answer to our team's problems is to not have an offensive coordinator, but allow our rookie QB to just go out and call his own plays?

No, I think his point was that Kyle's play calling is pretty questionable, and between the two, our Rookie QB does a better job.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:01 am

RayNAustin wrote:
riggofan wrote:

No, I think his point was that Kyle's play calling is pretty questionable, and between the two, our Rookie QB does a better job.

Makes sense. :roll:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football