Cut DeAngelo Hall

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:52 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Kevin Barnes plus he can play safety. I don't see how he was let go and we keep someone like Reed Doughty..........

Probably because Reed Doughty is the better player.

How? seriously can you even say that? How many times has Reed been burned in deep coverage? Last I recall Kevin Barnes playing safety he was intercepting a pass to close a game out......I can't ever recall causing a fumble or even getting an interception. We know he is a fan favorite for him playing so well after Sean was killed but that pig don't fly no more......

These kind of comments come from purple that don't actually watch Daughty play. He is far from our biggest problem on defense. If you ask me Madoodoo Williams is much more of a liability than Daughty.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:37 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Kevin Barnes plus he can play safety. I don't see how he was let go and we keep someone like Reed Doughty..........

How? seriously can you even say that? How many times has Reed been burned in deep coverage? Last I recall Kevin Barnes playing safety he was intercepting a pass to close a game out......I can't ever recall causing a fumble or even getting an interception. We know he is a fan favorite for him playing so well after Sean was killed but that pig don't fly no more......

These kind of comments come from purple that don't actually watch Daughty play. He is far from our biggest problem on defense. If you ask me Madoodoo Williams is much more of a liability than Daughty.

Madoo doo is terrible I wholeheartedly agree but putting two safety's back there that can't cover is a glaring problem, I just damn sure hope Haslett blitzes Romo cause if not Miles Austin and Dez "I hit my mama" Bryant will have career days. I won't even think about Witten in that mix....

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:44 pm

On August 27, 2012, Barnes was traded to the Detroit Lions for an undisclosed draft pick. [31] He was waived on September 18.

So I assume we can grab him... Not sure if that impacts our "undisclosed draft pick" tho.
I like Barnes and he's even had an interception as a safety... But on wiki it says he lost to Cedric griffin and that's Charles Barkley turrable..
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:54 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:On August 27, 2012, Barnes was traded to the Detroit Lions for an undisclosed draft pick. [31] He was waived on September 18.

So I assume we can grab him... Not sure if that impacts our "undisclosed draft pick" tho.
I like Barnes and he's even had an interception as a safety... But on wiki it says he lost to Cedric griffin and that's Charles Barkley turrable..

Not sure he actually lost or was it a matter of choosing a vet over someone like Barnes.......I do think Cedric has played better recently as well.........

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:55 pm

With a CB poor defense like the Lions letting Barnes, perhaps Barnes isn't as good as a lot of folks think he is.

The first Eagles game in 2011 was the time I knew that the Skins would cut Barnes. He was totally abused as the slot CB. That game was indicative of his slot play throughout the year which is why the Skins settled (and I mean settled) on C. Griffin as the slot CB.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:07 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I thoguht we traded barnes for a late round draft pick to the iggles or something.. IF thats the case he would still have value here and might be worth taking a look at #justsaying

I believe that we traded him for a conditional pick (to Detroit, not the Eagles), but considering that he didn't make their team I doubt we'll get whatever it was.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 pm

If Hall plays here beyond this year he should become a free safety. He has a very good skill set for that position. Perhaps we should try a WR at CB like the Pats once did.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:12 pm

He's at it again.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/red ... ne-non-ph/

CB DeAngelo Hall threatens reporter during profane, nonphysical confrontation

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:18 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

How? seriously can you even say that?

I can say that for 5 reasons:

(1) I've watched them both play every snap they've ever played for the Skins (preseason and regular season), and that's my personal evaluation of them,
(2) I've read many intelligent and well-argued posts on THN with respect to the merits and weaknesses of both players,
(3) Most of the criticisms I've read of Reed Doughty's play don't assess how he's actually used by our defense but rather talk about how they wish he was something else, and they neglect to take into account what Doughty is good at,
(4) I've never seen play from Barnes or analysis of Barnes's play on THN or elsewhere that makes me think he can handle starting duties as well as Doughty, and
(5) The coaches obviously agree with me (and most other people on THN).

So that's how I can say that.

How many times has Reed been burned in deep coverage?

I would say, about as much as you'd expect from a solid backup. I.e., more than you ideally want, but not too many.

Last I recall Kevin Barnes playing safety he was intercepting a pass to close a game out......I can't ever recall causing a fumble or even getting an interception.

But he's done a lot more tackling, run support, and tight end coverage than we've seen from Barnes without a significant dropoff in zone/WR coverage.

We know he is a fan favorite for him playing so well after Sean was killed but that pig don't fly no more......

This is a red herring. I never said or came close to implying that's a reason to support him now.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Reed Doughty is playing because he simply knows what he's doing. He's almost NEVER out of position, and he is one of the best tacklers on the team... He understands his assignment... and he knows his limitations... he's simply a smart, sound football player... Reed Doughty plays because he is as reliable as a clock... and when everyone else is riding the cart out of here... you are going to get everything he has. No one here has illusions that he is the answer... we never have... but every team needs someone like him. We are lucky enough to have two... Zo Alexander being the other.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Countertrey wrote:Reed Doughty is playing because he simply knows what he's doing. He's almost NEVER out of position, and he is one of the best tacklers on the team... He understands his assignment... and he knows his limitations... he's simply a smart, sound football player... Reed Doughty plays because he is as reliable as a clock... and when everyone else is riding the cart out of here... you are going to get everything he has. No one here has illusions that he is the answer... we never have... but every team needs someone like him. We are lucky enough to have two... Zo Alexander being the other.

I agree with what you said. Kevin Barnes was probably a better covergiy but terrible..ii mean a terrible tackler. Ill play it safe with Doughty anyda then risk missing tackles and sacks he did numeroustimes he was here. *typing on phone*

BY THE WAY DHALL has put together a string of two good games.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:17 pm

mastdark81 wrote:

Certainly true... but I think we all know that it's just a matter of time before his next episode of cranio-rectal inversion... he just can't help himself.

oops... too late!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:37 am

Countertrey wrote:Reed Doughty is playing because he simply knows what he's doing. He's almost NEVER out of position, and he is one of the best tacklers on the team... He understands his assignment... and he knows his limitations... he's simply a smart, sound football player... Reed Doughty plays because he is as reliable as a clock... and when everyone else is riding the cart out of here... you are going to get everything he has. No one here has illusions that he is the answer... we never have... but every team needs someone like him. We are lucky enough to have two... Zo Alexander being the other.

hey, where is the "LIKE this post" button........?
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 am

IMO ... Hall gets an opportunity to stay here this off season ... with a pay cut and he'll be playing safety

not sure how he'll handle THAT .... ALSO, he needs to become a better example to the others as well

btw - I'm a big fan of players like Doughty and Alexander that just give an all out effort to help ... ALL THE TIME
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:13 am

Countertrey wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:

Certainly true... but I think we all know that it's just a matter of time before his next episode of cranio-rectal inversion... he just can't help himself.

oops... too late!

True but I could care less how he treats a reporter, he just needs to play well on the field.

Had another good game. As much as people bash him he came up big versus the Cowgirls.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football