Kyle Shanahan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:09 pm

RayNAustin wrote:Aside from the absence of any meaningful content, your direct and unmistakable statement regarding how funny it is that anyone might think Elway was the more instrumental character in the Denver Super Bowl successes, as opposed to Shanahan's coaching, it's quite reasonable for one to assume that you believe the opposite, without further qualification of the statement

On the second part, since I keep saying it's a team game and they are BOTH responsible, it is in fact a ridiculous and not a reasonable assumption. That you can't simply address what I said and insist on changing it to what you want me to have said does in fact show your lack of qualification to hold the view stated in the first part.

You keep saying Shannahan sucks. I'm saying he doesn't and part of my evidence on that are the Super Bowl wins. You are the one saying Elway, Elway. I haven't dissed Elway, I haven't said Shannahan deserves credit not him, I haven't said anything other then they BOTH were required to win the Super Bowls.

It's not that hard. If you're right, why can't you just address that instead of putting words in my mouth that I'm saying it's Shannahan over Elway, a statement I never made and don't think?

Elway was a great quarterback. Lots of HC's with great QB's didn't win any Super Bowls much less two. Elway didn't hand off to himself, didn't block for himself and didn't catch his passes and didn't play defense at all. And no one did that for him well unless they were put in a position to do so. By coaches. As I said from the beginning, it's a ... team ... game. There is no team without a HC to pull it all together.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Here is a concern:

How long will Kyle be in charge? If/when he leaves while Griff is still here, a new system will be implemented.

If you could pick a new guy to implement a new offense, who would it be?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Griff will be just fine in any offense. I will agree they made it easier for him this year with the options and such but he isn't just running that. He is getting experience and already has shown he can read a defense rather well for a rookie. I am not worried about him. I really do not think any of the Shans are going anywhere anytime soon. I would have rather have had Jon Gruden but it wasn't meant to be.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:57 pm

To top that off the Cowboys could end up with on Gruden. That would suck :(

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:33 pm

I remember reading how Kyle bases what he does (allegedly) on the weakness of the defense. That's why Red's post about running wide to Harrison's side was so troubling to me.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... ory_3.html

Maybe he was setting something up and all our drops hurt the plan a whole bunch.

My biggest problem with Kyle remains taking shots when we need 3 or 4 yards on 3rd down. Take the shot on 1st or 2nd down.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

piglet

Postby Richmond Redskin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:43 am

DarthMonk wrote:I remember reading how Kyle bases what he does (allegedly) on the weakness of the defense. That's why Red's post about running wide to Harrison's side was so troubling to me.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... ory_3.html

Maybe he was setting something up and all our drops hurt the plan a whole bunch.

My biggest problem with Kyle remains taking shots when we need 3 or 4 yards on 3rd down. Take the shot on 1st or 2nd down.

DarthMonk

Agree, we seem to wait until third down to take the long shot. with our WR corp right now it is not like we have a ton of options though. I like what he does, some interesting formations and playing to RG3 strengths.

The one big mistake that I see is the option pass to RG3. Putting your franchise out there to take a big hit (which he did, he got crushed). I am all about mixing it up, but not like that.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:08 pm

First I've heard Kyles name come up as a head coaching candidate. Pat Kirwin threw it out today on NFL Sirius when asked about a few coaches that he would consider. Interesting to see if we have to make the decision to promote him to replace his dad before his dad is ready to leave, or lose him and then lose his dad soon after.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:45 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wa ... story.html

As the Redskins return to playoff relevance, riding an unpredictable and thrilling offense to a three-game winning streak, Shanahan’s creativity has attracted some of the spotlight. There are believers in his influence, and there are doubters. Some suggest he represents the next generation of coaching genius.

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:20 am

Good article. Especially like the part about how, unlike w/ McNabb,
But a new challenge emerged: The offense Kyle had honed required a pocket passer, and it was Griffin’s mobility that made him special. This time, however, he wouldn’t force a quarterback to accommodate his scheme; he would design plays to fit Griffin, taking advantage of his speed and easing him toward becoming an elite passer.

The process was taxing, but his father’s words again echoed in Kyle’s mind: work and time. He spent hours last spring studying video of zone-read offenses: Cam Newton in Carolina, Tim Tebow in Denver, Vince Young in Tennessee. He also did what he’d done in Tampa Bay, scanning defenses for weaknesses. Kyle didn’t interview other coaches or watch college film; he only wanted to see how it worked in the NFL.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Call of the game:

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:31 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Call of the game:

I also called this in my head.....right after the pass to Garcon.

Nice play
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:43 pm

The real question is whether or not that was a called run.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:53 pm

FLWSkin wrote:The real question is whether or not that was a called run.

Then came some Bird-level audaciousness - the quarterback draw on the 2-point try, a call that Griffin heard through his headphones while getting treatment on the sideline.

''It was awesome,'' Griffin said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/wash ... urt-120912
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm

FLWSkin wrote:The real question is whether or not that was a called run.

Did that look like a freaking busted play? Shanny said after that game they called that play cos "we didn't think they'd be expecting it".

Definitely caught me by surprise!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:21 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Call of the game:

I also called this in my head.....right after the pass to Garcon.

Nice play

I called it out loud to those around me at the bar.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football