Gano Cut - Cundiff Signed/Cut - Kai Forbath Signed

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15877
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:34 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I really don't understand this fascination with Graham Gano. For the life of me.

He's the Colt Brennan of kickers. A cult icon based on a bunch of woulda, coulda, shouldas.


No fascination here. I don't understand the fascination with Cundiff from our FO, but hey, they always know best. :roll:

I ask again, why didn't we just keep Rackers who is seemingly > Cundiff?

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4211
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:43 pm

The Hogster wrote: - snip- He missed that big kick last year in the playoffs when the team was rushing on the field (when they had a timeout).


If I didn't know better I'd almost think you were making an excuse.

:-k

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15877
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:53 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote: - snip- He missed that big kick last year in the playoffs when the team was rushing on the field (when they had a timeout).


If I didn't know better I'd almost think you were making an excuse.

:-k

DarthMonk

:lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4211
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote: - snip- He missed that big kick last year in the playoffs when the team was rushing on the field (when they had a timeout).


If I didn't know better I'd almost think you were making an excuse.

:-k

DarthMonk

:lol:


:rock:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4176
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:21 am

ATX_Skins wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I really don't understand this fascination with Graham Gano. For the life of me.

He's the Colt Brennan of kickers. A cult icon based on a bunch of woulda, coulda, shouldas.


Thank you, two years from now he will be about as famous a Redskin as Nick Novak.

Gano... :roll:


Maybe he will be as famous as Shaun Suisham? Been doing well for the Steelers.. kickers aren't like rbs plug and play every year.. You have to groom the young ones and trust them. Gano isn't the messiah, but does have the redskins RECORD for longest fg. Easily forgotten by random hating, but not by all. Rackers would have been better then this tool, bad move imo.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:16 am

DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote: - snip- He missed that big kick last year in the playoffs when the team was rushing on the field (when they had a timeout).


If I didn't know better I'd almost think you were making an excuse.

:-k

DarthMonk


And, if I didn't know better, I'd believe your excuse for when you posted under your alter ego the other day and accidentally signed off 'Darth Monk'

:-$

We must not have watched the same games. You guys act as if Gano didn't go out and be the dead last ranked kicker 2 years in a row. Not only missing kicks left and right, but being the ShawShank Redemption on kickoffs.

Good riddance. I guess we will see how many GM's pull a hammy running to the phone to call Gano.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:52 am

The Hogster wrote:I really don't understand this fascination with Graham Gano. For the life of me.

He's the Colt Brennan of kickers. A cult icon based on a bunch of woulda, coulda, shouldas.


It isn't a fascination w/Gano! It is we traded a young kicker that made 86% of his kicks that the rest of the kicking unit did their jobs properly on for a worse kicker.

If they had kept Rackers instead of Gano their are far fewer posts. If they actually went out and got an upgrade at kicker no one posts anything except for may be you.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

DarthMonk
Posts: 4211
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:25 am

The Hogster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote: - snip- He missed that big kick last year in the playoffs when the team was rushing on the field (when they had a timeout).


If I didn't know better I'd almost think you were making an excuse.

:-k

DarthMonk


And, if I didn't know better, I'd believe your excuse for when you posted under your alter ego the other day and accidentally signed off 'Darth Monk'

:-$


That's cool, but please clarify. Are you saying you do not believe me? That seems to be what you are saying since you say you WOULD believe if you didn't know better. If that is the case and you want a little closure, PM the man who approves new accounts.

The Hogster wrote:We must not have watched the same games. You guys act as if Gano didn't go out and be the dead last ranked kicker 2 years in a row. Not only missing kicks left and right, but being the ShawShank Redemption on kickoffs.

Good riddance. I guess we will see how many GM's pull a hammy running to the phone to call Gano.


This move is very easy to justify form a personnel standpoint. I got no problem with Cundiff over Gano.

For example, Cundiff is 90% under 50 yards, has missed only 1 4th quarter kick in 15 tries, and is a touchback monster.

I'm still confused why we didn't simply keep Rackers.

Please enlighten on this issue. We already know all there is to know about Gano's history here.

My other issue is with the way this was done. I'm not sure cutting Rackers, making Gano feel like he made it, then doing this is good business. Is it? Just asking.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

ATX
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:46 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I really don't understand this fascination with Graham Gano. For the life of me.

He's the Colt Brennan of kickers. A cult icon based on a bunch of woulda, coulda, shouldas.


Thank you, two years from now he will be about as famous a Redskin as Nick Novak.

Gano... :roll:


Maybe he will be as famous as Shaun Suisham? Been doing well for the Steelers.. kickers aren't like rbs plug and play every year.. You have to groom the young ones and trust them. Gano isn't the messiah, but does have the redskins RECORD for longest fg. Easily forgotten by random hating, but not by all. Rackers would have been better then this tool, bad move imo.


Maybe he will, but I didn't say Suisham did I? I said Novak.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

08 Champ
Posts: 13044
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:16 am

Reading the last few pages is revealing

c'mon man - Gano needed competition and in came Rackers

Gano won the job but the 'competition' was not on the field

Cundiff got cut and they brought him in because they think he's a better kicker

THE RELITY IS - all 3 are about the same

I think Cundiff will be really motivated to do a good job here


we wanted an upgrade at kicker and IMO Gano did nothing to show that he was clearly better than last year


no big deal :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:54 am

DarthMonk wrote:
I'm still confused why we didn't simply keep Rackers.

Please enlighten on this issue. We already know all there is to know about Gano's history here.

My other issue is with the way this was done. I'm not sure cutting Rackers, making Gano feel like he made it, then doing this is good business. Is it? Just asking.

DarthMonk


If we haven't been in practices where these guys battled for the last few months, we can't be sure who out performed who. So, you'll always be confused if you don't have all of the facts.

On the business end. That's just the NFL. I am certain that the team didn't consider Gano's "feelings" in this. They think Cundiff is better. So they made a move.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:03 am

The Hogster wrote:We must not have watched the same games. You guys act as if Gano didn't go out and be the dead last ranked kicker 2 years in a row. Not only missing kicks left and right, but being the ShawShank Redemption on kickoffs.


LOL. I understand that everybody was hoping Gano would develop into a reliable kicker, but you're right man. Gano was freaking HORRIBLE last year. I'm sure he cost us 4 or 5 games last year between missed kicks, blocked kicks and the kickoff shanks. I'm kind of baffled that people are sticking up for him now.

If Cundiff is worse than Gano was last year, I will eat my filthy Redskins cap.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15877
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 am

riggofan wrote:I'm sure he cost us 4 or 5 games last year between missed kicks, blocked kicks and the kickoff shanks.

You blame him for the blocked kicks? :shock:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 am

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:I'm sure he cost us 4 or 5 games last year between missed kicks, blocked kicks and the kickoff shanks.

You blame him for the blocked kicks? :shock:


For once and for all. Look at his 2010 stats. He still was the dead last kicker without all of the blocks. Another flaw in the blocked kicks excuse is that you guys assume he would have made the kicks that were blocked.

At his rate, he would have missed some of those anyway. Good riddance Gano. Train hard, and maybe you'll get another shot. Eliminate the shanks and the choking under pressure, and you can be a good one.

But as the old saying in sports goes "Potential just means you haven't done anything yet."
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:55 am

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:I'm sure he cost us 4 or 5 games last year between missed kicks, blocked kicks and the kickoff shanks.

You blame him for the blocked kicks? :shock:


No doubt blocking was a factor. But 5 blocked kicks in a single season and the kicker doesn't share some of the blame? Come on, man. Its called special TEAMS.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football