Redskins/Cowboys file grievance against NFL

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I understand that Chuck Norris is a Cowboys fan...

I just lost a lot of respect for him. :puke:

Chuck Norris doesn't need respect. Your fear is enough.

Tebow and Jesus both wear this shirt:

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Mara is a pig
His team sux
Collusion sux
We did "nothing wrong", but still get hosed. A SB win will be our best revenge.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Chuck Norris never had respect. His allegiance to the Cowboys comes as no surprise given his record. Carry on.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:29 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Scottskins wrote:http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/John-Mara-Named-Chairman-of-NFLs-Management-Council-Executive-Committee/088708e6-0c97-45b8-9fc1-125d7a3ddaa5
Finance (Bob McNair)

Investment (Wayne Weaver)

Stadium (Art Rooney)

Business Ventures (Dean Spanos)

Super Bowl Advisory (Katie Blackburn)

International (Clark Hunt)

Management Council Executive Committee/Labor (John Mara)

Hall of Fame (Jerry Jones)

That is only a partial list. It was a list of new members. The other members are listed in the article.

However, I'm sure Wayne Weaver is no longer on the committee since he is no longer an NFL owner.

Where? I thought the article only named various committee chairs as opposed to members of the Exec. Man. Council Commmittee.

DarthMonk

You could be right. I did a quick read through, so I might have gooned that one.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby rick301 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:32 pm

1niksder wrote:They have missed out not only signing players but they lose the future production of those players, throw in the players they have signed but they have had to limit the length of the contracts because of lack of option to use 2013 cap space now and this has hurt the growth of a rebuilding team.

This is the real issue. I think we'll get the cap space back eventually. The longer this drags on the more it will limit our ability (and the 'boys) in putting the 2012 team together and limits acquisitions/resignings.

Mara knows that. Look at the timing of the penalty. The damage has been done. This is win-win for him. He has limited the ability of two team in his conference to become more competitive. Even when we get the cap space back, Mara still wins. By then probably most of the good free agents will be signed and that may include many of ours also.

The only thing that make me smile is thinking how pi$$ed he must be that we swept his team this past year ... and how much more pi$$ed he will be when we do it again this year!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:34 pm

NFL owners by hand vote this morning affirmed salary cap sanctions on Redskins and ttiT, who were not in room.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:37 pm

The Cowboys and Redskins have challenged the NFL's recent agreement with the NFL Players Association to set the salary cap for 2012 and to reallocate certain salary cap room from Dallas and Washington to 28 other clubs.

The reallocation aspect of the agreement is intended to address competitive issues arising from contract practices by those clubs in the 2010 League Year intended to avoid avoid certain salary cap charges in 2011 and later years.

Under the agreement with the NFLPA, the two clubs will be charged at total of $46 million in cap room in the 2012 and 2013 seasons ($18 million per year for Washington; $5 million per year for Dallas). That room, instead, will be reallocated to 28 other clubs in the 2012 or 2013 season as determined by the Club. (The New Orleans Saints and Oakland Raiders, which engaged in similar contract practices in 2010 at a far different level, will not receive any additional cap room. Those two clubs have not challenged the agreement with the NFLPA.)

The agreement will promote competitive balance without reducing the salary cap or player spending on a league-wide basis.

The arbitration will be heard by Professor Stephen Burbank of the University of Pennsylvania. No date has been set for a hearing. The clubs were advised of the proceeding at today's league meeting. The NFL and Clubs will have no further comment at this time.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:56 pm

No compensatory picks for the Skins either. Someone put a bounty on Goodell. Not to hurt him too bad, just something he'll have to rehab from or put him in a Hov Around for a few weeks. He needs a reality check. He's probably got the best Job in America (I'd rather be CEO of the NFL than any other business). Yet, he's drunk with power and feeling himself a little too much.

The "spirit of the uncapped season" is B.S. as is the "competitive balance" argument. Two teams who didn't even make the playoffs disrupted competitive balance--says the owner of the team in the division that has won a Superbowl since the uncapped year.

Good God I'd love to argue this case.
Last edited by The Hogster on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

piggie

Postby fetus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:03 pm

I sentence John Mara to death by football to the groin for his involvment in these atrocious acts
RGIII and the terrible D

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:06 pm

Deadskins wrote:Sorry Charlie, I fear no Cowpie fan.

Now that's what I like to hear!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:15 pm

fetus wrote:I sentence John Mara to death by football to the groin for his involvment in these atrocious acts

As long as Grossman aint throwing the footballs, after a few hours Mara's groin would be virtually unscathed although on the upside there's a chance his face would take a bit of a pounding...

[-o<
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:19 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
fetus wrote:I sentence John Mara to death by football to the groin for his involvment in these atrocious acts

As long as Grossman aint throwing the footballs, after a few hours Mara's groin would be virtually unscathed although on the upside there's a chance his face would take a bit of a pounding...

[-o<

Well played, sir!
ROTFALMAO
"Givin'em the Business!"

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:55 pm

I dont see how competitive balance is an issue when neither the pies nor our team made the playoffs. Also Maras team won the big one. I am just glad our team went ahead in free agency and picked up some players.

They say SuperBowls arent won in free agency. Well I am glad we didnt make a big splash in free agency this year. I still would like to see the cap room restored to give our team more room to work contracts for the future. If we have a solid draft then we should be well on our way.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Well written article by Doug Farar: Shutdown Corner

The chairman of the NFL Management Council is John Mara, part of the group that owns the New York Giants. When Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder walk into that room to air their grievances, they can first point to the statement made by Mara on Sunday to ESPN.com's Calvin Watkins, in which the owner of a division rival gratuitously states that the two teams are lucky their punishments weren't worse.

"I thought the penalties imposed were proper. What they did was in violation of the spirit of the salary cap. They attempted to take advantage of a one-year loophole, and quite frankly, I think they're lucky they didn't lose draft picks."

Well, there are a few problems with Mara's statement. First, he establishes a serious conflict of interest case against the Management Council -- it could very easily be argued that existing owners should either step down from the Council, or that the council should not have the ability to rule against its competitors. That's antitrust at the very least. Second, the "spirit of the salary cap" statement is just plain silly -- if you want something that really goes against the spirit of the salary cap, try the expiration of a collective bargaining agreement in which it was agreed by both sides that such an expiration would make an uncapped year possible. The salary cap had no spirit at that point in time, because it was dead in all possible ways.

I'm thinking he NFL is in a bit of a corner here... LOL!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Also, it's not like e cut AH, we traded him. That makes this sanction even more absurd.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football