Free Agency 2019

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii
Posts: 6817
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Aw... Harris didnt get a tender- and we have PRich. :Sigh:
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3204
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:36 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Where did you see that? I thought the bears were hosting him or something


I saw that yesterday. Today he signed with the Bears. So, we're back to Eric Berry. 8-[
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3204
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:38 pm

riggofan wrote:Been reading some speculation that the Skins might still try to make a splashy trade for a WR. Someone like AJ Green maybe. (This is pure speculation.) I don't hate the idea out of hand, but if we're really going into the season with McCoy and Keenum at QB not sure I see the point. Might as well save any picks you might trade and just draft some guys.


I would take AJ Green for the right price. He is 30 and did only play in nine games last season.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

CKRGiii
Posts: 6817
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:41 pm

He already signed? Hadnt seen that... Shame. Probably more then we could fork pver- especially since we have other positions to pursue. I think Berry would be cheaper, and hopefully as good. With Collins back there with him, I think he'd be better then what we have. Monte is likely suspended right?

HaHa had DJ last year and both looked meh
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 9235
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:42 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:
riggofan wrote:Been reading some speculation that the Skins might still try to make a splashy trade for a WR. Someone like AJ Green maybe. (This is pure speculation.) I don't hate the idea out of hand, but if we're really going into the season with McCoy and Keenum at QB not sure I see the point. Might as well save any picks you might trade and just draft some guys.


I would take AJ Green for the right price. He is 30 and did only play in nine games last season.


No problem with AJ Green at all. I just wouldn't be hyped about a trade for a WR given our current QB situation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3204
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:43 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:He already signed? Hadnt seen that... Shame. Probably more then we could fork pver- especially since we have other positions to pursue. I think Berry would be cheaper, and hopefully as good. With Collins back there with him, I think he'd be better then what we have. Monte is likely suspended right?

HaHa had DJ last year and both looked meh


Yea, it was only a one year deal from what I read but I haven't seen the dollar numbers. Probably more than the Redskins wanted to spend.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

CKRGiii
Posts: 6817
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Sammy Watkins, Humphries, does Gordon still play football (not counting madden?!), Tate, Crabtree, Funchess... None of those guys jump at me honestly
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3204
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Aw... Harris didnt get a tender- and we have PRich. :Sigh:


The Patriots signed Harris. He'll probably catch 60 balls this season.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 9235
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby riggofan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Keenum > McCoy

Keenum had no problem feeding Diggs and Thieland.. Why not bolster his options?


That might very well be the logic, I dunno. I've just decided I'm not buying into another retread, FA quarterback with this team. We've been spinning this wheel for decades. My expectation for Keenum/AJ Green would be another 8-8 season at best.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 9235
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:21 am

I've seen a lot of negative reactions to the Ereck Flowers signing yesterday. Kind of understand why the knee jerk reaction but I like it personally.

1) Young uninjured highly drafted player to possibly replace Laovao at guard? Yes please.
2) Flowers graded out higher than Ty Nsekhe last year at LT with the Jags. But we're paying him less than Nsekhe is getting.
3) If there is even a chance that he becomes a capable player and we can rub the Giants nose in it, it is well worth $4m to find out. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3204
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:33 am

riggofan wrote:I've seen a lot of negative reactions to the Ereck Flowers signing yesterday. Kind of understand why the knee jerk reaction but I like it personally.

1) Young uninjured highly drafted player to possibly replace Laovao at guard? Yes please.
2) Flowers graded out higher than Ty Nsekhe last year at LT with the Jags. But we're paying him less than Nsekhe is getting.
3) If there is even a chance that he becomes a capable player and we can rub the Giants nose in it, it is well worth $4m to find out. :)


I think Flowers will play better at LG than at LT. He seems to dominate physical match-ups but has trouble playing in space against speed rushers.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 9235
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:55 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:I think Flowers will play better at LG than at LT. He seems to dominate physical match-ups but has trouble playing in space against speed rushers.


Yeah I also think this will be the best o-line he'll have played on in his career. The Giants' line has been hot garbage for several years. Honestly, what is your confidence level that he can at least play at or above the level of Shawn Laovao? It shouldn't be THAT high a bar.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3204
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:01 pm

riggofan wrote:
Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:I think Flowers will play better at LG than at LT. He seems to dominate physical match-ups but has trouble playing in space against speed rushers.


Yeah I also think this will be the best o-line he'll have played on in his career. The Giants' line has been hot garbage for several years. Honestly, what is your confidence level that he can at least play at or above the level of Shawn Laovao? It shouldn't be THAT high a bar.


I'd be stunned if Bill Callahan can't turn Flowers into a better LG than Shaun Lauvao. Flowers was a #9 overall pick. He has the right build. He's young. 26, I think. He has a relatively injury free career. I'd say the odds are at least 80% Flowers will be better. His attitude will determine the other 20%.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 9235
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:33 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:I'd be stunned if Bill Callahan can't turn Flowers into a better LG than Shaun Lauvao. Flowers was a #9 overall pick. He has the right build. He's young. 26, I think. He has a relatively injury free career. I'd say the odds are at least 80% Flowers will be better. His attitude will determine the other 20%.


Totally agree. He was WAY overdrafted by the Giants that year. Doesn't mean he can't be a decent to good player still.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ
Posts: 18365
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Re: Free Agency 2019

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:39 am

at least we're not at the top of this list :(

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rank ... dead-last/
I'd love to see the Redskins become a respectable franchise again but that seems unlikely with these 2 in charge
Snyder's W/L record = 80-96 - 45% Snyder & Allen = 59-84-1 - 41%

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football