Derrius Guice Out For The Year-Torn ACL

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Derrius Guice Out For The Year-Torn ACL

Postby Bishop Hammer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:26 pm

http://dailysnark.com/redskins-rookie-r ... ason-game/

Bloody hail he couldn't even last one pre-season game. :cry:
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

CKRGiii

Re: Derrius Guice Out For The Year-Torn ACL

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Devastating loss.. Luckily we Allen back so its almost like we have 2 first rounders starting...

Who am i kidding this sucks
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:36 am

"If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all".

Awful start to the season. Colt McCoy looks good, though. Maybe the Redskins should try the new MLB strategy of tanking to build for the future?

Hog

Postby ferryrich » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:10 pm

Dreadful news for this season,. At least Allen had a few meaningful games before his injury.
The running game has been a particular weakness for too long already

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:38 pm

I blame Snyder, I am serious, I blame Snyder.

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:51 pm

after a joint practice with the Jets ...
The Skins may find they have an issue at center, which is a position group I'd have some concern over. Their former center is fitting in nicely with the Jets, however, as Spencer Long looks like a savvy free-agent signing for New York. "He has been awesome for us," McCown said. "Just bringing a veteran presence to that O-line room, and as a player what he can bring to us has been huge. He's been awesome." McCown said Long has already been vital in meetings discussing protections and how to adjust for particular opponents and preparing others to be ready to play. His presence will be massive if a rookie quarterback is under center.

you have to question why we keep letting players leave who could help this franchise
Dan Snyder needs to bring in a new GM and let him a hire a new HC and put together a FO - there is presently no accountability for anyone not doing their job effectively - we need to get rid of the losing culture ... and fire Bruce Allen

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:09 pm

SkinsJock wrote:after a joint practice with the Jets ...
The Skins may find they have an issue at center, which is a position group I'd have some concern over. Their former center is fitting in nicely with the Jets, however, as Spencer Long looks like a savvy free-agent signing for New York. "He has been awesome for us," McCown said. "Just bringing a veteran presence to that O-line room, and as a player what he can bring to us has been huge. He's been awesome." McCown said Long has already been vital in meetings discussing protections and how to adjust for particular opponents and preparing others to be ready to play. His presence will be massive if a rookie quarterback is under center.

you have to question why we keep letting players leave who could help this franchise

I believe it is because Snyder and his FO are incompetent.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Just a complete kick in the nuts. Feel terrible for Guice. Three carries in the first preseason game and ending the season with a torn ACL. Is there anything more "Redskins" than that?

I've been trying to get enthusiastic about the team going into the season, but man that news was a dagger.

Not sure where the logic is behind "I blame Snyder" for a player's torn ACL. But if you feel the need to explain it, that's okay. Hard pass.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby Bishop Hammer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:11 pm

SkinsJock wrote:after a joint practice with the Jets ...

Bloody hail same typical Snyder move; let a quality in house player go for no reason. Where did you read this quote from?
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:19 pm

I think you guys are overstating the Spencer Long stuff quite a bit. (Not to mention SkinsJock has been demanding everyone from the o-line except Trent Williams "has to go" for at least the last five years.) Long showed he can be a good player, but missed most of last year with knee and quad injuries and had knee injuries in college as well. The Jets made him the 13th highest paid center in the entire league. Hardly let him go for no reason.

Its a salary cap league, can't just pay to keep everyone as much as we'd like them to. A $600k/yr for Roullier v. $7m/yr for Long is fine with me if it means we have more cap space to keep guys like Preston Smith, Jamison Crowder and extend guys like Morgan Moses and Chris Thompson. Brandon Scherff has a big payday coming soon too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:47 pm

I only copied a piece about how happy the Jets are about having Spencer Long ...

be interesting to see how well things go now that Dan is not interfering as much and with this FO running things :roll:

IMO, 7 or 8 wins is realistic given the culture and attitude here
Dan Snyder needs to bring in a new GM and let him a hire a new HC and put together a FO - there is presently no accountability for anyone not doing their job effectively - we need to get rid of the losing culture ... and fire Bruce Allen

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Sheez Louiz!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 am

SkinsJock wrote:I only copied a piece about how happy the Jets are about having Spencer Long ...

Sure but you also wrote: "you have to question why we keep letting players leave who could help this franchise". And seriously, who cares if the Jets are happy with Long after one preseason game? We were all pretty thrilled with Terrelle Pryor last August! :D

I don't disagree btw that it would have been nice to keep Spencer Long. But objectively I don't think he did enough to be a guy to overpay for compared to several other players that we're going to need to pay.

Snyder and Allen are arrogant and have zero credibility. I would never say that you're wrong to question them.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:27 pm

I do agree that we should not overpay for players but these 2 bozos do not have any idea of building a roster - finding a way to keep players without overpaying them is my main point - they have done some good things recently but the fact remains that under their guidance we don't seem to be getting any better than 7 or 8 wins each season - it doesn't seem to matter who is coaching or playing here, this franchise lacks any credibility - I'm excited about Alex Smith and some other acquisitions but then I remember who is behind making this franchise better and I'm not at all confident in their ability to do that

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 am

SkinsJock wrote:I do agree that we should not overpay for players but these 2 bozos do not have any idea of building a roster - finding a way to keep players without overpaying them is my main point

Yeah, I'm just not really sure what you're asking them to do. When a player like Long hits free agency, you either have to decide to pay him $7m/yr like the Jets or you let him walk. They can definitely try to lock up some of these drafted guys with contract extensions before they hit free agency though. I agree with you on that, and I wish the team would be more willing to go that route on those guys we've drafted. For all we know though, a lot of these guys might be like Kirk Cousins and just be determined to hit free agency.

Btw on this topic. Did anyone happen to see Spencer Long last night getting BLOWN UP REPEATEDLY by our rookie, Tim Settle? I don't know if Long was getting exposed or Settle is more of a stud than we know right now, but holy crap.

SkinsJock wrote:they have done some good things recently but the fact remains that under their guidance we don't seem to be getting any better than 7 or 8 wins each season

Definitely just is what it is. Unless or until they actually win more than that, how can anyone look at the front office and say that they're doing things better.

I will say regardless of the win total this year, I like what they've been doing to rebuild the roster on defense. Investing in these young guys, building through the draft with high round picks. I'm no expert, but it has to be better than dropping $100m on Albert Haynesworth and thinking you've solved all your problems.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football