Where is the running game?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Redskins just signed Byron Marshall - he was on the eagles practice squad

The Redskins don't have an NFL FO that anyone respects at all - they have a group of guys that work for and with Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling that some stupid fans think that things might improve while the franchise continues to be mismanaged by this idiot owner who has no clue about the NFL

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm

oj wrote:They passed over Hunt, the Chiefs' drafted running back, for either Alexander or Moriority. That says a lot about the FO prioities.

Kareem Hunt was the 22d pick in the third round. So 32 team passed over Hunt, and most of them passed over him three times. The Redskins drafted a RB in the fourth round.

Rebuilding the defense through the draft was clearly a priority of the FO this year. I have no issue at all with that. Our defense was beyond terrible last year.

All that said, I am 100% in agreement with those of you who want to see the team draft a stud RB again soon. I'd be completely on board with trying to grab an elite RB in 2018.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:06 pm

just hoping that Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen realize that they don't know what they're doing and let others decide who to draft

we've seen the results of what happens with these 2 bozos - we need to do things differently with the plan and the draft

Having Allen fall to them in the last draft was a minor miracle - they do not get any credit for that
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling that some stupid fans think that things might improve while the franchise continues to be mismanaged by this idiot owner who has no clue about the NFL

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:23 pm

We can't sit here and blame injuries on the FO...

Fwiw, FatRob to IR, we picked up a RB from the eagirls PS.. Foster is also done
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Or was it Compton? Oh wait, both are done for the season! Sob
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 pm

nobody's 'blaming' the FO for anything, nor should they - they are useless and everyone knows it - this is why this franchise is looked at one that has no real direction or plan - the athletes are talented and the coaches know what they're doing - the problem here is that we have a FO that is manipulated by Dan Snyder - assembling a group of talented athletes does not take much, the problem is the guys in charge have no idea of how to put a roster together

each season is an entity to itself and like the saying goes "even a stopped clock is right twice a day" - this season is half way done and the Redskins who were most likely a 4-12 team are already at 4-5 and they won a game in Seattle they should have lost - we just need to win 4 out of the last 7 and 2 of those are against the giants - whoopee :lol:

things are not so bad - we should enjoy moments like the game against the Seahawks, they don't happen often

at the end of the season we can watch this fantastic FO do it's thing and let some more good players go and try to get lucky ... :roll:
Last edited by SkinsJock on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby oj » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:10 am

riggofan wrote:
oj wrote:They passed over Hunt, the Chiefs' drafted running back, for either Alexander or Moriority. That says a lot about the FO prioities.

Kareem Hunt was the 22d pick in the third round. So 32 team passed over Hunt, and most of them passed over him three times. The Redskins drafted a RB in the fourth round.

Rebuilding the defense through the draft was clearly a priority of the FO this year. I have no issue at all with that. Our defense was beyond terrible last year.

All that said, I am 100% in agreement with those of you who want to see the team draft a stud RB again soon. I'd be completely on board with trying to grab an elite RB in 2018.

I beat and pounded my 'putor begging for Hunt (who is #2 rushing in the NFL) because Cousins cannot get the job done on his own, he is not that good. After this season thanks to not drafting Hunt we'll need a QB, Cousins will be gone and the FO will look for another QB stud to sell teeshirts and another round of 'rebuilding' will occur. The time to draft a stud RB has come and gone, they wanted Moriority (maybe Alexander, I forget which) and the people that made those decisions will be make the key decisions in the next draft - for proof they could've had AP but held off to get a guy off a practice squad? you kidding me, the practice squad?
Molon Labe

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:15 am

why not enjoy what you have? what's the point of speculating that the FO will suddenly start making this franchise better - NOT HAPPENING

Hog

Postby oj » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 am

SkinsJock wrote:why not enjoy what you have? what's the point of speculating that the FO will suddenly start making this franchise better - NOT HAPPENING

There isn't any real point in ranting, but it does feel good from time to time.
Why not enjoy what we have? because it is just that painful to watch poor judgement and bad decisions cripple a talented team. Thats why.
Molon Labe

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:25 pm

oj wrote:There isn't any real point in ranting, but it does feel good from time to time.
Why not enjoy what we have? because it's just painful to watch poor judgement and bad decisions cripple a talented team. Thats why.

that's why there are sites like this - it's a place to come and vent and also to share with other fans

we've seen what can happen when a franchise is properly managed and the coaches and players are supported by the owners and the management - both here and with other franchises

this franchise has been mis-managed by Dan Snyder and he has created a bad environment for his employees, the coaches and the players and he has also alienated the media

the root cause of our problems here is Dan Snyder - I understand that he has little to do with the way coaches coach or the amount of effort that players put in to both their practice habits and their on the field play - BUT .. Dan Snyder is the owner and were he an owner that behaved and operated like a good NFL owner, I firmly believe that the product on the field would be much better

again - it's the beginning of the last half of the season and we still have a chance at being better than most anticipated

let's enjoy the good before this idiot owner proves his stupidity once again in the coming off season

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Lol I don't get all the owner talk every week... Get over it!

The pukes have an idiot owner as well, and a yes mam coach. A worse qb and we are what we are.

Our D was looking vicious to start the season. Losing all the starters and worse the depth getting hurt is showing through. The FO actually put together a good roster, with depth. On both sides. Who could've predicted Pryor disappears after a 1k+ season on THE BROWNS?! Surely Djax and or Garçon don't make us a 8-0 team thus far. We let walk because the drop off was small. Kirk still is kirk, good and bad. Had em last year and missed the playoffs. We upgraded our weakness but had kids retire and many studs get hurt. The FO did its job, even the tag on Kirk- put up or shut up....

Kirk didnt magically learn pocket awareness, or how to be elusive like TB or Wentz.. Nor improve his inaccuracies... Its football, get over it

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:45 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Lol I don't get all the owner talk every week... Get over it!

I'm with you, man. I'll complain about Snyder in the off season. Its a decent roster this year IMO, and I've enjoyed watching them so far.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:The pukes have an idiot owner as well, and a yes mam coach.

I've thought that same thing when I hear "we'll never win with Snyder as owner". People were saying the same thing about Jerry Jones when he decided he was going to be the GM. Much like Snyder, I would say that Jerry has continued to hurt his team on occasion. But the Pukes have also still managed to field good teams in spite of him (sorry just threw up in my mouth typing that). I have no idea if Dallas can win another SB in that current structure, but I'd be happy to see the Skins be as consistently competitive as Dallas has been the past decade.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:The FO actually put together a good roster, with depth. On both sides. Who could've predicted Pryor disappears after a 1k+ season on THE BROWNS?! Surely Djax and or Garçon don't make us a 8-0 team thus far. We let walk because the drop off was small.

Totally agree with all of that. I don't think there's any question that we've missed DJax and Garcon. How could we not? But DJax hasn't done anything special this year with Tampa and Garcon is on the IR before the halfway mark. What our FO did is not put us on the hook for ridiculous salaries with two WRs who are late in their careers. Sorry but as much as I hate to say it, Bruce Allen deserves some credit for those decisions. Its short term pain, but Josh Doctson is not going to improve as a WR if we're throwing balls to Pierre Garcon instead of him.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:The FO did its job

Well to be fair they did miss out on drafting that one running back in the third round... :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:13 am

Some common sense!! Lmao, the sky mist be falling!!!

As much as I hoped fat rob would have a break out year, I guess saying that we didnt address the rb position is on the FO.. To bad beast mode wasn't a skins fan growing up!!! Lmao

Perrine has had his moments... Still don't see why the coaches hate MackTruck Brown so much?!? Guess its above my pay grade

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:42 am

Not at all sure that the NFL media and fans would agree that Dan Snyder is a better NFL owner than Jerry Jones OR that Kirk Cousins is a better QB than Dak Prescott OR that Jay Gruden is a better HC than Jason Garrett ... I am sure that the NFL media and fans would agree that the Cowboys franchise is better managed than the Redskins

Dan Snyder's reputation as an NFL owner is well deserved and his reputation for interfering with the coaches and players here is equally well deserved - the Redskins have no plan and no direction and with that comes the ups and downs that we see on the field each week

anyone that thinks Dan Snyder has done a better job of managing the Redskins franchise just needs to look at the value of the 2 franchises

IF this FO were better managed they would not have let both Garcon and Jackson go & they would have made sure we had at least 1 good RB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:55 am

I could care less what players are doing on other teams - all that is important is what is happening on this team and with this roster

we have seen a marked improvement on defense and unfortunately a drop off on the offense despite an improved O line - blaming injuries is a cop out - we beat the Seahawks with a beat up O line

it's going to be an interesting last 7 games and then we can have fun discussing next season

that's always a fun filled few months :roll:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football