But why??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

But why??

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Anyone else see the talking heads predicting "landing spots for Kirk Cousins"????

Give me a break! They had our boy fotochopped as a damn Jag!!!
Its not even off season, we payed him a grip the past two years... And he is a damn redskin!

Isht bugs me man... That isall
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Re: But why??

Postby El Mexican » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:09 pm

My money's on SF.

Don't see him coming back next year with us. But hey, I'm enjoying the swan song.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 am

Not a crazy bet. Would be interesting though at the end of the year if the Skins are 9-7, 10-6 with a playoff appearance and the 49ers are 2-14 or something like that. 1) Would Kirk choose $$ for a risky situation? and 2) 49ers are potentially in line for a top three pick. Would they not be better off drafting a young QB for the future at less cost?

I hate to even be talking about this, but I have a feeling if KC continues to perform like he has been, the Skins will end up doing something with the tag again. No interest in thinking about the details of that right now, but just a gut feeling.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:51 pm

riggofan wrote:Not a crazy bet. Would be interesting though at the end of the year if the Skins are 9-7, 10-6 with a playoff appearance and the 49ers are 2-14 or something like that. 1) Would Kirk choose $$ for a risky situation? and 2) 49ers are potentially in line for a top three pick. Would they not be better off drafting a young QB for the future at less cost?

I hate to even be talking about this, but I have a feeling if KC continues to perform like he has been, the Skins will end up doing something with the tag again. No interest in thinking about the details of that right now, but just a gut feeling.

I have no idea where Kirk Cousins will play next year...and neither do the sports-entertainers on TV. All of them are useless people trying to catch an audience.

Cousins is here now. The Redskins will be playing the 49ers in PG County on Sunday. As a great metaphysician taught us, "The 'future' is now".

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 am

welch wrote:... I have no idea where Kirk Cousins will play next year...and neither do the sports-entertainers on TV. All of them are useless people trying to catch an audience. Cousins is here now. The Redskins will be playing the 49ers in PG County on Sunday. As a great metaphysician taught us, "The 'future' is now".

totally agree - there is no way of predicting what will happen to Cousins or Gruden - all that matters right now is that the Redskins (as a team) are playing very well and hopefully will continue to do that

the FO and Dan Snyder will continue to screw things up after this season is over and we can look forward to the ongoing mess at that time

the future is now - after that, is more of what we've seen here the past 17 years
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:06 am

Let's cut the crap, he's not coming back here fellaz.
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:03 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Let's cut the crap, he's not coming back here fellaz.

If he wins a playoff game I say pay him the $35 million. If he doesn't win a playoff game I say, "Who cares where he goes?" I sure as hell won't.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Alex Smith is set to hit the market.. Couple of good prospects in NCAA too... Hope Kirk doesn't over step and end up on a garbage team!
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:16 pm

I could be wrong but I think the Skins were willing to do a top $ deal with Cousins in July if he was receptive to it. I could be wrong but as stupid as I believe Dan Snyder is in terms of personnel management I think Dan understood Cousins is the real deal after the 2016 season. Maybe that isn't true but I think it was the case and Kirk wasn't interested in signing up. Maybe Kirk needed to see the team around him improve before choosing to put down roots and if the team continues to improve he may be interested in doing a LTD. Wishful thinking on my part is success on the field drives both sides to want to do a LTD at the end of the season.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:19 am

nobody with any sense would want to sign a LTD with this franchise until the idiot owner stops doing what he's been doing

let's just enjoy this season ...
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:29 am

West coast Fans don't "see" the everyday activities of The Danny. I know what he's done in the past, but is he THAT BAD every day of the year? I was thinking that as the team IMPROVES.............. Danny improves too?

Am I wrong? Has he improved in his ownership of the team?
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:14 am

tribeofjudah wrote:West coast Fans don't "see" the everyday activities of The Danny. I know what he's done in the past, but is he THAT BAD every day of the year? I was thinking that as the team IMPROVES.............. Danny improves too?

Little Dan has appeared more in the business-side of Redskin-ville for about six months. Quiet about actual football so far.

Snyder has made more noise in his attempt to bully the City of Washington, or the State of Maryland, or the Commonwealth of Virginia into giving him a $2 billion dollar luxury stadium. We've seen an architect's pictures of a crystal palace in the spot of RFK Stadium. Complete with moat and little kids flying kites in a summertime view. In the winter, the moat will be frozen so "young lawyers in love" can ice-skate and hold hands.

Washington laughed at Snyder. Maryland asked, "Are you kidding?" Virginia's governor told some Democratic and Republican funders that he hopes to get it done, but that seems insane.

Otherwise, the less Snyder the better.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:21 am

welch wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:West coast Fans don't "see" the everyday activities of The Danny. I know what he's done in the past, but is he THAT BAD every day of the year? I was thinking that as the team IMPROVES.............. Danny improves too?

Little Dan has appeared more in the business-side of Redskin-ville for about six months. Quiet about actual football so far.

Snyder has made more noise in his attempt to bully the City of Washington, or the State of Maryland, or the Commonwealth of Virginia into giving him a $2 billion dollar luxury stadium. We've seen an architect's pictures of a crystal palace in the spot of RFK Stadium. Complete with moat and little kids flying kites in a summertime view. In the winter, the moat will be frozen so "young lawyers in love" can ice-skate and hold hands.

Washington laughed at Snyder. Maryland asked, "Are you kidding?" Virginia's governor told some Democratic and Republican funders that he hopes to get it done, but that seems insane.

Otherwise, the less Snyder the better.

New stadiums are for winners.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:37 am

The Redskins can win with Dan Snyder being involved but they will not have a consistently competitive product under his guidance

enjoy the ride while we can - it's not going to last for long

HTTR

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Thanks for the insight about The Danny. Castles, moat, ice skating................. hmmm, seems like a fairy tale.

Maybe he has been watching "Frozen" one too many times....??
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football