Kiper's Updated Mock - Skins draft Gabbert

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:54 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:I say pass on Gabbert and any of the QB's in the first round.

I disagree. If Gabbert is there you take him.

OK, I did a little research and went to the Draft Guru, Mayock.
Mikey likes him. Be sure to click on the NFL.com video link in the article.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/2/ ... ike-mayock

Mayock rated Cutler the best QB in the 2006 draft even though Mel Kiper Jr. and most other Draft gurus rated Vince Young and Matt Leinert as the top two. More interesting than that, Mike Shanahan coveted Jay Cutler.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=44666

Hmmm, could we see a repeat of that Mike and Mike connection?

Since Gabbert will sit for most, if not all of the season, allowing him to get his footwork right, you might have something here, Cane.

Another thing in your favor, is Shananhan has said that we are going to build this team slowly - meaning that he can afford to draft a guy at 10 who might not play a down this year.

That's just another thing to make you go, hmmmm.

Cane, I am not sold yet. I say if the opportunity to get more draft choices by someone trading up with us and then selecting a Locker, Ponder, Dalton in the second round is the best scenario.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:28 am

I just don't see any real wow factor out of the guy. He does everything well but nothing great. I don't think he would start over Grossman this year anyway, just because of the apparent dearth of plays required to learn for this offense. And the fact that the Shanahans refuse to dumb it down any.

I'd rather take a position with a higher success rate because no matter who we have at qb they won't win with that crap we always put on the field. They always say they want to rebuild, well rebuild. Start keeping your picks, start filling holes, then worry about winning.

If I thought there couldn't possibly be anybody better than Gabbert available next year then by all means, but I don't think that whatsoever.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010