Locker

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Postby fleetus » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:06 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Jake Locker in the Senior Bowl is the same as he was in his college career. Inaccurate.

Jake Locker just has amazing physical attributes. Hes fast, quick, good size and has a cannon for an arm. He needs a whole lot of work. He also played with sub par talent in college years with suspect coaching as well. I am not making excuses for him. Anyhow anyone who has kept track of him shouldn't be surprised by the way he looks during senior bowl practices.

The hope is that if Shanny drafts Locker he can coach him up to be great. What I like about Jake is he has a whole lot of potential. In my opinion worth the risk of drafting him. With Shanahans history with QBs combined with all the positives Locker has. That minimizes the chances of failure if we do draft Locker.

Personally, I think Locker is the perfect fit for Shanhan and the Redskins. Everyone agrees #10 is too high to pick him though. So I hope they have a trade partner where they can move down and add some middle round picks AND get Locker.

If you watch Gruden's QB Camp interviews, Locker is smart, confident, tough with lots of game savvy. I think being a NFL QB is only part throwing talent. So you can't just sit and watch the combine or Senior Bowl practice and make a judgement. I think Locker has the right combination of intelligence, leadership and toughness to be a great team leader in the NFL. That is IMPORTANT!

He is like a cross between Steve Young and Brett Favre. Steve Young's scrambling ability and intelligence coupled with Favre's toughness and arm strength. He may not ever be as good as either of those two QB's, but he has the potential with proper coaching.

With Shanahan's love for calling roll outs and moving the QB around, Locker would be a great fit. He could play behind Grossman and Beck for one season and be ready to start in 2012.

The Skins have been building good team leadership, but it is mostly on defense. I think having a QB like Locker would add some much needed toughness and savvy on offense.
Build through the draft!

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:42 am

I actually think we'll take Locker at #10. It's probably not a good idea to pick him that high, but I think that's whats going to happen, and I wouldn't be disappointed with it.
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:20 am

TeeterSalad wrote:I actually think we'll take Locker at #10. It's probably not a good idea to pick him that high, but I think that's whats going to happen, and I wouldn't be disappointed with it.

I agree - IF Locker is the QB that Mike thinks can end up being the starting QB here then he should draft him at #10
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:11 am

I believe that most of the "projected" 1st round QB's are not ready to play in the NFL. They all have something that needs to be tweeked and unfortunately they will not be able to work with coaches until most likely sometime late in the summer. Locker needs to the most tweeking of all the QB's mentioned but does have a very high upside. I pray that we can trade out of #10.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:38 am

frankcal20 wrote:I pray that we can trade out of #10.

Amen to that prayer!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010