Cam Newton Highlights and what is your impression of him

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Countertrey wrote:mmmmmmmdunno... I'm a bit skittish about...

Auburn Quarterbacks.... :wink:
Newton's more a Tebrow type of runner than a Vick, which means his running won't matter very much in the pro's; however, I think he's a much better passer than given credit for here. I think he has the potential to develop into a first class QB and think we should take a chance on him. I would grab him at 10 and be happy about it.
There's nobody out there who's both better and probably available.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:03 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:

Newton's more a Tebrow type of runner than a Vick, which means his running won't matter very much in the pro's; however, I think he's a much better passer than given credit for here. I think he has the potential to develop into a first class QB and think we should take a chance on him. I would grab him at 10 and be happy about it.

that's good enough for me - IF CH1 thinks he's any good, that's the "kiss of death"' - DO NOT DRAFT this guy :lol:
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:39 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:

I don't know, Tebow was racking up a lot of yards running the ball this year. Newton would definitely pick up a lot on the ground.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 am

If I were game planning for a game vs Denver, you can bet your last dollar that I'd have a spy on Tebow. He may not run a 4.2 40, but will burn you if you're not careful.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Just say no to Cam. I'm not overly impressed with him. He's a dominant athlete, but I can't say that he's shown that he's a great Quarterback.

His physical skills are so superior to the collegiate kids, that it's hard to tell how good he can be when he cannot rely on that advantage (i.e. in the NFL).

I think Jake Locker or Ryan Mallet would suit our offense well.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010