I think I know what QB Shanny is after.

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Let's look at this.
Carolina - Picked Clausen last year
Denver - Has Orton AND Tebow
Buffalo - Luck doesn't drop any further from here.
Cincinnati - Palmer started playing very well once those bozo's we're out doubt they pick anyone up here.
Arizona - Would they trade down for McNabb??? Very interesting.
Cleveland - Mccoy
San Fran - Still have to think Smith is in there now that Singletary is out
Tenn - Owner wants Young
Dallas - Homo
Washington - Looking at a full deck of QB's at this position minue Luck. Could we trade up with Arizona for Mcnabb and #11, then up to 3 with Buffalo? Anybody know what the point's needed to trade from 5 to 3?

If the Cards think that Skelton is the QB of their future then it is plausible that the Cards could trade down in a trade that would include McNabb with McNabb holding the reins for Skelton, but I have no idea hwo they felt about Skelton's evaluation; however from what you posted it seems very likely that the QB Shanny wants might be available.

Hell, I think it's plausable now that Seattle won, that we could reach Luck
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:15 am

Clausen has proven that he's not that good of a QB. If Carolina has the 1st pick, they're going to trade out or pick Luck.

1st off - the city will 100% revolt if they don't.
#2 - with a new coach, he's going to want a starting calaber QB starting and Clausen isn't it.

goskins

My Take

Postby GoSkins » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm

There are rumors that Arizona is interested in McNabb. With the Redskins picking 10th it does make sense to trade McNabb and move up to Arizona's spot which is #5. So which QB does Shanny want? Well, he has to be smart, accurate and mobile. That means Mallett and Newton are probably out. Can Shanny still move up to 1 and get Luck? That would be the coups of the century. I also think we will trade Haynesworth and hopefully get a 3rd.

**ch44

Re: My Take

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:59 pm

GoSkins wrote:There are rumors that Arizona is interested in McNabb. With the Redskins picking 10th it does make sense to trade McNabb and move up to Arizona's spot which is #5. So which QB does Shanny want? Well, he has to be smart, accurate and mobile. That means Mallett and Newton are probably out. Can Shanny still move up to 1 and get Luck? That would be the coups of the century. I also think we will trade Haynesworth and hopefully get a 3rd.

I am ALL for mortgaging the furture for Luck RIGHT NOW. Sell the farm, give Arizona Mcnabb and #10 for their pick at 5. Then give Carolina whatever they want for Luck... Haynesworth, Carter, Cooley and a couple other draft picks. What are the points needed for trading draft picks to move from 5 to 1? We can get the rest of our needs in a HUGE free agency pool this year. sorry but this guy could be the answer. Ahhh I said could be, but what are we really trading away? A bunch of guys who don't fit our scheme and lower percentage could be's. I'll roll the dice bia$ch
Miss you 21

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:29 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:I am ALL for mortgaging the furture for Luck RIGHT NOW. Sell the farm, give Arizona Mcnabb and #10 for their pick at 5. Then give Carolina whatever they want for Luck... Haynesworth, Carter, Cooley and a couple other draft picks. What are the points needed for trading draft picks to move from 5 to 1? We can get the rest of our needs in a HUGE free agency pool this year. sorry but this guy could be the answer. Ahhh I said could be, but what are we really trading away? A bunch of guys who don't fit our scheme and lower percentage could be's. I'll roll the dice bia$ch

Man, we have so many needs to give away everything we have left to get one guy doesn't seem like a good idea to me. And college QB's are so hard to predict. If he ends up being an Alex Smith or a Heath Schuler we're totally screwed. And if he's Peyton Manning he doesn't have a team.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:41 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Man, we have so many needs to give away everything we have left to get one guy doesn't seem like a good idea to me. And college QB's are so hard to predict. If he ends up being an Alex Smith or a Heath Schuler we're totally screwed. And if he's Peyton Manning he doesn't have a team.

This.

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:28 pm

@RossTuckerNFL: I spoke with well-placed NFL source who is higher on Ryan Mallett than Andrew Luck. Said Luck has "very average" NFL arm.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:26 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:I am ALL for mortgaging the furture for Luck RIGHT NOW. Sell the farm, give Arizona Mcnabb and #10 for their pick at 5. Then give Carolina whatever they want for Luck... Haynesworth, Carter, Cooley and a couple other draft picks. What are the points needed for trading draft picks to move from 5 to 1? We can get the rest of our needs in a HUGE free agency pool this year. sorry but this guy could be the answer. Ahhh I said could be, but what are we really trading away? A bunch of guys who don't fit our scheme and lower percentage could be's. I'll roll the dice bia$ch

Man, we have so many needs to give away everything we have left to get one guy doesn't seem like a good idea to me. And college QB's are so hard to predict. If he ends up being an Alex Smith or a Heath Schuler we're totally screwed. And if he's Peyton Manning he doesn't have a team.

Neither did Peyton Manning when he came out, and the jury is still out on Alex Smith.

I'm not sure that you could call Norv Turner a good evaluation of QB talent considering he's never drafted a QB in the 3rd or higher rounds as a head coach that has not been a bust, not to mention that Norv Turner sucks my ass.
Heath Shuler
Andrew Walter

A look at Shannahans...
Brian Griese
Jay Cutler

Just a vote of confidence that Shannahan knows QB's
Miss you 21

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:25 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:
GoSkins wrote:There are rumors that Arizona is interested in McNabb. With the Redskins picking 10th it does make sense to trade McNabb and move up to Arizona's spot which is #5. So which QB does Shanny want? Well, he has to be smart, accurate and mobile. That means Mallett and Newton are probably out. Can Shanny still move up to 1 and get Luck? That would be the coups of the century. I also think we will trade Haynesworth and hopefully get a 3rd.

I am ALL for mortgaging the furture for Luck RIGHT NOW. Sell the farm, give Arizona Mcnabb and #10 for their pick at 5. Then give Carolina whatever they want for Luck... Haynesworth, Carter, Cooley and a couple other draft picks. What are the points needed for trading draft picks to move from 5 to 1? We can get the rest of our needs in a HUGE free agency pool this year. sorry but this guy could be the answer. Ahhh I said could be, but what are we really trading away? A bunch of guys who don't fit our scheme and lower percentage could be's. I'll roll the dice bia$ch

I just found the answer to the point system question. We're not getting Luck.
Miss you 21

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:06 am

The word was that before he decided to stay for his senior season Shanahan was very impressed with Jake Locker. I still think he's the guy we're looking at next season. Why wouldn't Carolina take Andrew Luck anyway? They have a good line, a decent running game... it's a good situation for a young QB.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:29 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:The word was that before he decided to stay for his senior season Shanahan was very impressed with Jake Locker. I still think he's the guy we're looking at next season. Why wouldn't Carolina take Andrew Luck anyway? They have a good line, a decent running game... it's a good situation for a young QB.
... AND a new head coach... who will want to pick his own quarterback... My bet is they'll take Luck...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:32 am

frankcal20 wrote:Clausen has proven that he's not that good of a QB. If Carolina has the 1st pick, they're going to trade out or pick Luck.

1st off - the city will 100% revolt if they don't.
#2 - with a new coach, he's going to want a starting calaber QB starting and Clausen isn't it.

Carloline was incredibly bad this year, and it wasn't all on the play of the QB. I don't think any QB could have succeeded in that place last year.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:54 pm

I hope Shanny is leaning to taking a QB in the draft. Who is the big question. I expect Grossman will start and the new QB will be his understudy. Hopefully the new QB will be starting at some point in his rookie season.

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:21 pm

From watching last night's game and reading today's reports, it looks like Andrew Luck has solidified his position in the upcoming draft as the #1 pick.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Mallett is looking pretty good despite all the drops.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010